1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

How does damage work in RoR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave Combine, May 8, 2013.

1. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

I know how this is kind of a silly question, but instead of seeing damage numbers (5 damage, 200 damage, etc.), I have been seeing percents. What does this mean exactly? I made a little chart to hopefully show what I'm thinking it means:

START: 500 HP
    (+75% dmg) 125 HP
    (+75% dmg) 32 HP
    (+75% dmg) 8 HP
    (+75% dmg) 2 HP
    . . .
    ...But then the enemy will never die.

(+75% dmg) .5 HP
    (+75% dmg) .125 HP
    (+75% dmg) .3125 HP
    . . .

Is it that the attack always does, in this case, 75% damage of the remaining health, or the starting health (500) ?

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

The % is how much of your base damage your skills do. Characters start out with 12 base damage, and gain 3 per level up. So a skill that does 100% damage will do anywhere between 12~10 damage (deviance between 1~0.8 of maximum damage)

Hope that helps!

Restarter000 likes this.
      • Dave Combine

Ohhh, so if a skill did, let's say, 125% damage, then the damage would range between 12~15?

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Gotcha. :)
          I like it when the game tells me something's about to do 500% damage. That's so much more satisfying than a static number.

• Dave Combine

Hm. Good point I guess. :p