How do you name your farm animals?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScarletAurora, Sep 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. molerat

molerat Void-Bound Voyager

I don't remember all the names for my animals, since its been a while since I played, but I'm somewhat unoriginal.
    The ducks where named Huey, Dewey, and Louis. (And the last was probably Donald or Darkwing?).
    The chickens were Pecky and Pokey for 2 or them, and a third one was Scootaloo. I forget the fourth feathered fiend. I think I had something named Pinkie Pie somewhere too.

So yeah, give me your tv shows basically.
    (Looking through this thread, it appears I'm not the only one that just grabbed from TV shows,:D )

• chatwincakes

chatwincakes Starship Captain

I throw silverware down the stairs and listen for words I can use to describe the sounds I hear.

Powerwing Amber and sunlite like this.
      • Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I forgot that i sold Lewis and now have Quackers and Irma ducks.

• missnavi

missnavi Void-Bound Voyager

Random names that I come up with. Only once have I used the randomly generated one - and the only reason was that I was trying to buy one quickly and didn't have time to think up something else and I didn't care enough to stop to think. Gonna sell that chicken soon anyways haha

• Reneeisxena

You do know you can change the name anytime you like. I did that with my goats when I got a sheep, I had named my goat bayba and I changed it to NaaNay so that I could have the sheep be BaaPeep. Also, on the PS4 version anyway, I don't know what the sex of the animal is until after I give it a name so I had to change Jessica Rabbit to Jessie to be more male sounding.
            I also forgot to mention my horse is named Giddyup.

• gamelovegirl

gamelovegirl Aquatic Astronaut

Random cute-sounding names I can think of, sometimes the generator spits out ones I like.
              My farm is 8 Bit Acres...my cat is Buttons, I have animals named, Click-Clack, Snuckley, Bixx, Mupps, Wuckiba(random and I lol'd hard), Totters...

yea, some of the generated ones are amazing!!:)

• Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Void-Bound Voyager

Chickens:
                Linda, Betty, Janet, Cindy, Susie, Kate (the names of the six girls in the guessing game in Alex Kidd High-Tech World)

Cows:
                Daisy, Peach, Rosalina, Malon (Nintendo theme)

Sheep:
                Arachne, Psyche (Greek mythology)

I just bought the game on my Switch - I am beginning a new farm there!

• muticere

muticere Space Hobo

The very first time I played I named all my animals after towns where I've lived (I've moved a lot). When I did eventually run out, I switched to Exes. Now... nahh, I just do random. The random names are usually pretty funny so I'm fine with them.

• CandyCreeper42

CandyCreeper42 Void-Bound Voyager

Different names for each kind of animal for me.
                    Three cows: Isabelle, Clarabelle and Bluebelle (Blanketybelle)
                    Two goats: Asriel and Toriel (Undertale)
                    Two sheep: Shaun and Shirley (Shaun the Sheep)
                    Two pigs: Porky and Pepper (Porky Pig the Looney Tune and Peppa Pig - famous pigs I suppose)
                    Two ducks: Daisy and Daffodil (flowers, also loosely cartoony - Daisy and Daffy)
                    Two rabbits: Haigha and Hatta (Through the Looking-Glass)
                    And six chickens: Tweedy, Fowler, Babs, Bunty, Rocky and Ginger (Chicken Run)
                    Yes, it is a long list...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
                      Pangaea likes this.
                    • Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Void-Bound Voyager

I just remembered my stock names:

Chickens: Linda, Betty, Janet, Cindy, Susie, Kate (the six girls in the "guess our names" challenge in Alex Kidd High-Tech World)
                      Rabbit: Jessica (never mind she's a very curvy human)
                      Cows: Hera, Ceres, Hestia (Greek goddesses)
                      Sheep: Baabara (she's from Animal Crossing)
                      Pigs: Truffles and Barney
                      Ducks: Daisy and Peach (Super Mario games)

I tend to use these names when I play Harvest Moon, and they will work well here, too.

CandyCreeper42 likes this.
                      • Reneeisxena

I just started a second farm. My farmer is called Gabrielle and the farm is Old Ares. I have a cat named Xena and a chicken named Joxer. I've already decided that when I get a horse it will be called Argo. In case you haven't figured it out I am a big fan of the series Xena: Warrior Princess. I will have a huge well of names to choose from once I can get more critters.

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Joxer the mighty!
                          He's really tidy!
                          Everybody loves him!
                          Because he has a funny grin!

• InquisitiveSoul

InquisitiveSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On my main save, I only cultivate chickens and dinos.. and while technically not a farm animal, I do count the big meteorite among them seeing as it landed smack dab in the chick-dino enclosure.

Deemun Chikkenz: Gula, Luxuria, Avarita, Superbia, Tristitia, Ira, Vanagloria, Acedia, Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Larry
                            Daino-Sawers: Rompasaur, Bompasaur, Trompasaur, Stompasaur, Glompasaur, Flompasaur and Bob
                            Meteorite: Chuck

• Zanguini

Zanguini Orbital Explorer

I name the animals after my children and wife. Two children one wife, three first names three middle three nicknames. Half dozen alternate spellings. Plenty of names.

• kitwishart

kitwishart Space Hobo

I used to name my animals after the food they made (so cruel, but so funny) but now I use the MOST ridiculous random name that the generator can come up with. Sometimes this has me cackling over a completely ridiculous jumble of letters or literally screaming because the first name that came up for my duck was "Tony". I am a simple soul and this is what brings me joy in life. :catxD:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                                • PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I name my chickens after breakfast foods. ex Waffle, Pancake, Hashbrown, etc.

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Chickens- Amaryllis, Hyacinth
                                    Cows- Sapphire, Emerald
                                    Ducks- Cinnamon, Oregano
                                    Goat- Garnet