Modding Discussion How do you make a race mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Daikon Ocelot, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, so I would like to try on making a mod, a race mod specifically. But, I am a total rookie at this. Can anyone help me? What do I need to prepare before I can make one?

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

3. Daikon Ocelot

That's all we need to make it? Well, it's quite practical, and complicated, especially when it start to mess with the text. Anyway, thanks a lot, this is very useful, and also thanks for giving me the link. I will ask something more in the future if I get stuck or something.

4. DrPvtSkittles

Modding Starbound is not resource intensive nor you do need special programs.

I can tell you right now, I cannot code. You do not need how to code to make a race mod.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Well, thanks for the heads up. It calms my nerves a bit.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  6. DrPvtSkittles

I can tell you this forum has many helpful and knowledgeable people who can help you when you hit a hurdle.

Happy modding!

7. Daikon Ocelot

Can you give me a piece of advice on what should I do first? I download your templates, and there are many things that (I think) need to be customize if I want to make my own race. Their weapon, skin, spaceship, pet, village, and many more things. It is kinda overwhelming. Any idea on what should I do first?

8. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

the most important thing if the equipmentless player character

9. Daikon Ocelot

The equipment? Do you mean the things found in the ship locker?

10. Nexus Of Chaos

I said equipmentless, as in the player without any equipment whatsoever. you need to start with what you want your race to look like b4 u do anything else, as everything else should revolve around the appearance and background of your race

11. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, so you mean that I need to create what kind of race I want, their background and how they look?

12. Nexus Of Chaos

yes. everything else should be made to fit them afterwards, including clothes and armor

13. Daikon Ocelot

Thanks for the help.