Modding Discussion How do you make a race mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Moor Al-Malik, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Moor Al-Malik

Moor Al-Malik Ketchup Robot

Yeah, so I would like to try on making a mod, a race mod specifically. But, I am a total rookie at this. Can anyone help me? What do I need to prepare before I can make one?

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Parsec Taste Tester

3. Moor Al-Malik

That's all we need to make it? Well, it's quite practical, and complicated, especially when it start to mess with the text. Anyway, thanks a lot, this is very useful, and also thanks for giving me the link. I will ask something more in the future if I get stuck or something.

4. DrPvtSkittles

Modding Starbound is not resource intensive nor you do need special programs.

I can tell you right now, I cannot code. You do not need how to code to make a race mod.

5. Moor Al-Malik

Well, thanks for the heads up. It calms my nerves a bit.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  6. DrPvtSkittles

I can tell you this forum has many helpful and knowledgeable people who can help you when you hit a hurdle.

Happy modding!

7. Moor Al-Malik

Can you give me a piece of advice on what should I do first? I download your templates, and there are many things that (I think) need to be customize if I want to make my own race. Their weapon, skin, spaceship, pet, village, and many more things. It is kinda overwhelming. Any idea on what should I do first?

8. NexusTheBrony

NexusTheBrony Spaceman Spiff

the most important thing if the equipmentless player character

9. Moor Al-Malik

The equipment? Do you mean the things found in the ship locker?

10. NexusTheBrony

I said equipmentless, as in the player without any equipment whatsoever. you need to start with what you want your race to look like b4 u do anything else, as everything else should revolve around the appearance and background of your race

11. Moor Al-Malik

Oh, so you mean that I need to create what kind of race I want, their background and how they look?

12. NexusTheBrony

yes. everything else should be made to fit them afterwards, including clothes and armor

13. Moor Al-Malik

Thanks for the help.