How do you like to play SDV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahlorie, May 17, 2018.

1. BananaPremium

BananaPremium Void-Bound Voyager

I play SDV as a relaxing game to foil my League of Legends obsession.
    My favorite thing happens to be cutscenes and I'm a hopeless romantic so I tend to go for befriending/romancing as my main goal.
    BUT. I also work hard on the community center and have fun growing crops and raising/selling animals.

Mahlorie and Roskii Heiral like this.
    • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Who's your favorite romance so far?

• BananaPremium

BananaPremium Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly? Sebastian has a nice, consistent romance. Leah is also a cute route. But I think I'm gonna make my character go for Sam. I liked the 10 heart event. And Shane's is a good route (I have him at like 6 hearts, though. Not done yet!).

Roskii Heiral likes this.
        • davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Strongly agree, I never finish the greenhouse before year 2, I NEVER buy anything from the street vendor to finish goals before, because I'm going to spend money on something that sooner or later I'm going to get myself? I'm not in such a hurry to finish, I play at my own pace.

It is true that in the first year I try a bit to cover crops with golden stars to finish some packages of the community center, by the time the second year starts, I have few packages left, but I do not complete them until the objects I need, I get them myself by planting crops or raising animals.

In fact, as a game I can not even afford to buy fruit trees until the second year, and few, because I have other priorities, if I wanted to optimize my profits I could, I just play as I like, I'm not in a hurry to get rich and stay before with nothing to do xD

• OnlyMarvellous

OnlyMarvellous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I play rather slowly and barely get the farm cleaned up by the end of spring. I generally go in with a plan but the farm never looks how I planned it until winter comes around for the first time. One of the first things I do when the game starts is turn off the auto-run and increase the tick length from 7 seconds to 11. The game days last much longer and I can calmly walk everywhere rather than running around like a madman, and running costs me stamina so I only do it if I really am in a hurry to do something, like rush to give a gift to someone because I forgot about it when I woke up to a thunderstorm and decided to spend the day fishing or mining. My goals are usually fairly simple. I like to save up during spring so that I can buy some melons in summer, and then I save up during summer so that I can buy pumpkins and fairy roses during autumn. This usually gets me a huge bulk profit, as you'd all know, but most of it goes towards a new backpack, some tools, and some new buildings so that I can start raising the animals during year 2. I rarely have the community centre completed until sometime in year 2.

That's about the pace I play.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Is this something new in the Beta? I've never seen that before.

• OnlyMarvellous

Evening, Stryder. I'm not sure if it's in the beta. I'm waiting for the 1.3 update to properly release before I play it. I've always used a movement mod which has a few options, and one of them is sprinting and stamina cost. If I turn off auto-run, then my character walks by default and holding shift makes him run, which costs stamina thanks to the mod. I like it this way. I'll link you to the mod if you're interested.

https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI-Mods/tree/master/MovementMod

• Stryder87

Ahhhh.. the mod adds the stamina cost. Interesting. Does it still cost stamina if you're riding your horse?

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

Personally I enjoy playing the game with my hands, but if someone else prefers the use of other appendages and limbs for their gameplay purposes, then by all means.

plattym3 likes this.
                    • OnlyMarvellous

It does if you hold shift, unless that was fixed since last I played, but you don't need to hold shift while riding your horse because the horse will always run.

• Mahlorie

Mahlorie Poptop Tamer

I feel this on such a personal level that I feel attacked. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The proper way to play STV is wearing a bathrobe and bunny slippers

Honor Shipping and BentFX like this.
                          • Naruchii

Naruchii Void-Bound Voyager

I enjoy SDV with my own play style [which most of the times seen as waste of time and inefficient by people] on my own pace [which is can be seen as either too fast or too slow in some aspects] ~ :lickitung:

I love how SDV let me to be me in the entire game, and no matter how weird I am this game still there to hold my hands :love:
                            tho this is one of the reason I find it hard to jump into the multiplayer..
                            I don't want to bother or annoy people by my weirdness but I also don't want to be dictate of how I should play.. Hoping I can find a partner to play someday..

• Stryder87

I just started a new farm and decided, no matter how much it hurts or annoys me, darn it, I'm going to go slow, relax and not let my min/max control me! Yeah... it's gonna hurt... especially since I checked and I'll get the red cabbage from the cart near the end of Summer Y1 (that really really hurts). I've already been doing a lot of just running around, not worrying about who I haven't talked to or even care if I do, which also means I haven't been hitting Haley hard for hearts so I have someone to dance with at the Spring Fling.

Nope... not gonna care... just gonna relax.
                              Rigghhhttttttt..... let's see how long THAT lasts. hahahaha :avalilol:

• Naruchii

Aaaww.. take it easy there Stryder.. I basically just plant it on my own instead of buying it lol

• Stryder87

haha Yeah, I know. I... probably.... (most likely not)... will wait and grow my own for the CC, but the red cabbage is always the worst thing for getting the CC done in the first year and to see it there... so tantalizing... and not taking advantage of it... well, it's painful.

Then again, since I have no intentions of getting animals any time soon, the truffle and truffle oil will definitely be the hold-outs. So I guess the red cabbage isn't going to really be an issue anyway.

See?!?! I'm already fighting it!!! hahahaha
                                  Someone help me... :avaliconfused:

• Naruchii

lol! I can only cheer and pray for you m8 :lickitung: