1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you imagine your Starbound Character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sousuke Kuroda, Jun 6, 2013.

1. krylo

krylo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Gender swapped Captain Harlock.

2. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well I have a male Avian and a female Hylotl so far.

I'd imagine my Avian to be very friendly and kind to his crew. He doesn't follow Kluex but holds his tongue when he finds those who do, since he prefers to not start conflict. He's very curious about other cultures, and loves to make colonies. His ship is more for utility than combat, he also loves working on his mech which is all-around stat-wise and sports the Hero mech body. He is a pacifist by nature and only views combat as a necessary evil. Also he plays an Acoustic Guitar and the Ocarina.

My Hylotl I'd imagine as being more quiet and reserved, as well as more confrontational and prone to combat before diplomacy when dealing with enemies and other people. She is highly critical of other cultures, and thinks Hylotl art and culture is superior to all others, but is pleasantly surprised by things she likes about other cultures. She is also really into video games. Her ship is also more built for combat, and she prefers speed and energy for her mech, which sports the Nightwinder mech body. Also she plays Piano and the Square Wave keyboard.

Oh and this is what they look like: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....487/66D453AD5A61C21F895762B87257EB6863B1BF54/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  3. Chernushka

Chernushka Space Spelunker

My main character, Nagako, is a very curious Hylotl female. Tradition, despite still being a major part of herself, isn't her priority and she tends to make huge mistakes relating to it. She loves learning new things and traveling from planet to planet. She loves writing poems, but isn't very skilled at drawing and painting, though she has kind of a musical ear. She plays koto. Ambiverted, Naga enjoys her alone time as much as her time with other people. Being the life of the party is tiring for her, and she prefers to go back to her own thing rather quickly. Before meeting Tomomi, her partner, she had lots of one night stands with both males and females (though she seems to lean more towards females). Over time, she made friends who are part of her crew today (two of them, Riku and Sumiko, were one-night stands originally, but they decided to make friends anyway. Tomomi, however, mistrusts them as they could be potential rivals.)

4. Mallad5

Mallad5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would murder everyone everything and look awesome while doing it and making cramped colonies to be the hero of