1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed How do you discern which save file belongs to what character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mood, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mood

Mood Big Damn Hero

In short - I have four characters, and one of them seems permanently bugged (no ship-locker, lots of chests missing) after the buggy update.

I'd like to delete my bugged Hyotl and start a new one - but I'm not sure which files belong to it. I obviously wouldn't want to accidentally delete the characters that work.

Edit: My player folder looks like this - so I have no idea how to be able to tell which files belong to the bugged character.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. doodlemancy

doodlemancy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe there's an easier way, but I'd just do a process of elimination by filedate. If you load and save your Hylotl and then organize that folder by "date modified," the Hylotl should be the most recent, I think? Then just chuck those files in another folder (instead of deleting, just in case) and see what happens.

Mood likes this.
  3. Mood

Mood Big Damn Hero

I had thought of filedates, but wasn't sure if all files were accessed or not just simply by opening the character selection screen. Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.