Modding Help How do you change the color of the frames inside your house?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kai_76, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Kai_76

Kai_76 Yeah, You!

Hi!
    I hope this is okay to post!
    I've been looking to get some mods to change some stuff to better fit my style and what I want my house to look etc.. However I cannot figure out how to get a mod that makes the frame around the inside of the house to change color. I would like mine to be either dark brown, black or something in that style. Here are some examples of what i mean:

[​IMG]
    (dark brown frames)
    [​IMG]
    (white frames)
    Found those pics on google, hopefully it helps explain what i mean. I'm not sure if i'm describing it correctly so hopefully it's understandable.
    I just really dislike the default wood color, it doesn't match the interior i am going for, its just something thats bothering me ^^

I don't make mods myself, so I am mostly just looking for a mod that will do this for me (if one exist), but if you don't know of any already existing mods that do it, I am okay with trying to mod it myself if someone has a guide on how to do it!

I would appreciate any help!
    (I play on mac btw, in case that is important information)

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Kai, you want to look at map recolors: A Toned Down Stardew Valley recolors everything, including the farmhouse frames. If I remember correctly, there are 2 dark brown versions, one a warmer brown like is in the screenshot.

If you want to do the recolor yourself, you'll need to edit the farmhouse_tiles tilesheet and the towninterior tilesheet. I suggest taking a look at something like ATDSV to see what frame bits go where.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
        Kai_76 likes this.
      • Ehh

Ehh Orbital Explorer

I know this isn't my thread,but does recoloring your frames mean you automatically recolor the frames for the whole town?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Ehh Yes. This is because both the farmhouse and the town use the file "townInterior" for the border frames of the buildings.

Kai_76 likes this.
          • Ehh

Ehh Orbital Explorer

Ah, thanks