Modding Help How do you change swing speed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Jotagonist, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Jotagonist

Jotagonist Subatomic Cosmonaut

Specifically for non-generated swords. At the moment I have successfully created my custom crafting table where I will eventually craft my weapons. Currently I just have a copied hunting knife named "dat knife" for experimentation and looking at the .sword file there really isn't anything that seems to correspond to its 1.92 swing speed. I know that in generated weapon files they have "rateOffire" which corresponds to the range of swing speeds when the weapon is generated.

So basically I need help finding what corresponds to swing speed in the .sword file and how do I go about changing it correctly.

Thanks to anyone in advance who can help!

2. Nightmares

Nightmares Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Basically anywhere you see duration in the stance sections of the .gun file.

and by gun I obviously mean sword

3. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Look for something labeled "fireTime". Setting it to a higher number will make the weapon swing slower, and lower numbers will make it faster.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

The fireTime variable will set the overall time it takes to use the weapon, as ZimaZang said. In addition, you can play with the duration values in the "primaryStances" of the sword file (weapon and arm position of each phase of idle, windup, and release). It appears that these durations are a function of the fireTime, but can be modified individually to make a weapon take longer/shorter to swing or cool down.

5. Jotagonist

Jotagonist Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Got it to work! 'twas a little extreme, ended up with a 100 speed knife just for the sake of experimentation but it works so that's good enough for me!