Modding Help How do I stop the zbomb Projectile from harming the player?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Surn_Thing, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm trying to convert the throwable bomb into something usable as a melee weapon/digging tool. To do that I have the bomb explode immediately after being thrown and set the ammoUsage to 0. Unfortunately, I can't seem to stop it from harming the player. Here's my code so far:

Code:
     "output" : {
         "item" : "bomb",
         "count" : 1,
         "data" : {
        "ammoUsage" : 0,
        "cooldown" : 0,
        "projectileType" : "zbomb",
        "projectileConfig" : {
            "timeToLive" : 0,
            "speed" : 25,
            "power" : 40,
            "physics" : "rocket",

"actionOnReap" : [
                {
                  "action" : "config",
                  "file" : "/projectiles/explosions/bombblockexplosion/bombblockexplosion.config",
                  "data":
                  {
                    "universalDamage" : false
                  }
                }
          ]
      }
        }
    }
    Comparing the bombblockexplosion.config to the almost identical explosion from the ferozium launcher (regularexplosionfreezeuniversal.config) which doesn't harm the player, I found that the bombblockexplosion.config had a much higher explosiveDamageAmount (which I think I want) but had the universalDamage set to true (which I don't think I want).

I could increase the life and speed of the projectile so that it travels just far enough to keep the player out of the blast, but even then it could be a bit awkward to use. Any ideas on how to stop zbomb on harming the player?

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

you could set the power to 0, where do you create your projectile, in a file, with a lua script, with a magical potato?

3. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Nah, while setting the power to 0 would keep usable as a digging tool it would be useless as a weapon. Also, when I create modded items my goal is to have something people can share with their friends over multiplayer, so I can't use custom lua files. Also, I can only get a magic potatoes to work with Java programs.