1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I spawn Pre-Alpha Codexes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GameCraving, Dec 10, 2017.

1. GameCraving

GameCraving Aquatic Astronaut

I've played Starbound since 1.0 came out. I love every game that has amazing lore and Starbound is one of them. The codexes are so interesting that I gave up to find them in-game and I just read them in the wiki because I couldn't wait. But I recently found out that Starbound had more lore before 1.0 came out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/..._and_babify_the_lore/?st=jb12mulr&sh=e15342b5

The thread above talks about Starbound devs 'babyfying the lore' and how they are disappointed about it. What caught
    my attention is apparently that there were A LOT MORE codexes and that Starbound had a much more darker story overall; Florans being savage cannibalistic plants, Avians forcing to sacrifice their scared-to-death children and burying a live Human inside a sarcophagus. And I keep hearing about a 'Greenfinger' how he was awesome and all that but I have no frickin' idea because there isn't any information about him and google doesn't like to cooperate with me.

So anybody here who knows how to spawn them in because what I've heard is that they didn't take them out, like a lot of stuff. Or maybe a mod or something?

I'm so mad that I didn't get to play the earlier versions though. I just NEED to read all of it because it sounds so tasty.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Not possible. When they say that codices were removed, that means they were removed completely, in-game data and all. They're saved on wiki, though.

GameCraving likes this.