1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how do i remove/restart my mech?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Keiron, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Keiron

Keiron Void-Bound Voyager

a bug has occurred in my game that if you save and exit the game while in your mech it'll disappear when you get back and if you try and change any part this comes up
    upload_2018-2-14_17-5-49.png

and ive done the missions to access this feature but i don't know what to do ive redone the mech mission to try and fix it but nada nothing and im stumped

upload_2018-2-14_17-7-8.png

i am using mods but i don't know if that's the problem here as i basically exited the game whilst in the area of a space station right when you beam down in your mech i stoped when i was in space as i had to do something and came back to my character floating in place of my fully upgraded mech

2. SephMoon

SephMoon Phantasmal Quasar

If you haven't logged in too many times since the bug occurred, you can try loading one of your backup player files, since I think the player file is where your mech's configuration info is located.

This page shows you how to use backup files.

Or, assuming the bug is just the missing mech components, you could go into admin mode and craft them at the mech table, since admin mode shows all recipes and allows for free crafting.

3. Keiron

Keiron Void-Bound Voyager

nope didn't work i panicked and logged more than three times and not really the best way i could describe it is when you teleport down to a space station? basically i did that where your in the spacewalk but instead of doing the sensible thing and get to the station to log off i had to log off when i beamed down and when i logged back in there was nothing just my char floating in place where the mech was like the mech had disappeared and yea >~> if you want I can try and compile the footage i got from it and yea the audio might be a little funny as my mic likes to run even tho i toled the software not to add it but yea I can msg you the link if you want?