1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed how do i go on the beta when i pre ordered

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by peanuts1234, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peanuts1234

peanuts1234 Intergalactic Tourist

i pre ordered the game and it said i got access to the beta how to i get in it?

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You'll be notified via email when the beta is available, which should be sometime later this year (no exact date yet). From there, the way I understand it is that you get to redeem a Steam or direct download copy of the game via a code you get given. But you won't have to worry about doing this for a while yet.

SLOW_oranges likes this.
  3. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

When it's available, you will probably be able to download it from your humble bundle page, or redeem the steam code and get it on steam and play it through steam's early access

linkthegamer and SLOW_oranges like this.
  4. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Never pre-ordered from humble but you should get the email Jonesy mentioned and the current page for your pre-order will get a link to download the game added and a steam key redemption box. If you have a humble account Starbound should also pop up in your humble game library.

Jonesy likes this.
  5. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is early acces free if you pre order?

6. Jonesy

More or less. When you pre-order, you get access to Early Access straight away. You also get the full game, when it's released.

7. Zaisher

so how exa
    exactly do I download the free acces? im REALLY new to steam

8. Jonesy

Depends. If you purchased directly through Steam, the game should be in your library. If you used Humble, you should get a code to redeem on Steam.

9. Zaisher

I bought it directly from starbound and got a code so im guessing I use the code then? also im surprised you replied that fast glad to see moderators who care

10. Jonesy

Alright, if you have to code, you'll need to enter it into Steam. Install the client and create an account if you haven't done so already. Open it up, then go to "Games" at the top of the menu, and select "Activate a product on Steam". Follow the prompts, and enter your code when asked, and that should activate it. Then it's just a matter of downloading and installing it.

And thanks. I try. :)

11. Zaisher

thanks they should give you a(small) pay raise for being so helpful

12. Jonesy

No worries. What I'm doing is all on a volunteer basis, but it's not like I need to be paid to spend time on the forums.

Eonwe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.