How do I get Coordinates for the current planet/asteroid belt/station or for teleporter bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Dastot, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Dastot

Dastot Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone,
    I kind of... lost my personal station. Not really lost, I can teleport to it with the character that created the station, but I do not know which system the station is in.

Now I want to visit that station with another character, so I need the coordinates, but the teleport bookmark does not even mention the system where the station is in (unlike the bookmarks for planets or asteroid belts, which do).

Google gave me no results on how to find coordinates to the current planet/station, or how to get the coordinates for a teleport bookmark.

I tried to grep the savegames for the teleport bookmarks. I found them, but I could not make any use of them, since nothing in their proximity resembled coordinates.

Has anyone experience with it, or is there a script or tool to get the coordinates, if I can't get them from within the game?

2. Dastot

Dastot Void-Bound Voyager

After some research: This seems to be impossible.
    1. Usage of the "/whereami"-command returns (among other things) the coordinates for planets and generated stations. For personal space stations, only a instanceWorld-String is returned. You can teleport to it, but not fly your ship to the position.
    2. Getting a quest from an inhabitant of the station and then using the ship navigation to track the position of that quest: Works for quest from planets, but not from personal space stations.
    3. Searching the savegames. I can easily find my station bookmark in my player file, I can find my station in the universe directory. But neither file has the stations coordinates, and there is no reference to a system where the station is located. I can't find a reference to the station anywhere else.
    4. Visiting all systems that I visited before: I made a list of all systems that have been generated in my savegame folder and visted them one by one. None of them contained my space station.