Modding Help How do I backup my character and items when i delete FU?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Blacksuitcase, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Blacksuitcase

Blacksuitcase Aquatic Astronaut

I've been having trouble playing with friends, mostly because of Frackin Universe mod. So i decided to delete FU. So far I've had my buildings copied using Base In a Box mod, and I have them in my items.(Basically the mod creates a thing to copy&paste all blocks and objects in a certain area, really helps with building)

The problem is that I need to backup the character carrying these items, hopefully can i deliver these to my friend somehow. I made sure that no FU objects were carried, but I'm not sure whether my character will break, or how exactly to transfer character files.

Any help please? :nuruconfused:

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Preferably you have some planet from before FU was installed.
    Fly there and leave your stuff.
    Take down the coordinates.
    With a new character, fly there and get your stuff.

Alternative talk your friends into a FU server?

Anyhow in case you have second thoughts later on - copy the contents of \starbound\storage\ to somewhere else. If you want to preserve players only, then \starbound\storage\player\

Another idea - copy your whole \starbound\ folder somewhere.
    Remove things you don't want there, and add things you do.
    Launch the game from there. You now have a 2nd Starbound profile.
    Manually launching won't load workshop mods though (without extra measures taken) but will load from \mods\
    I think that it would be better to do that and start a fresh character to play with your friends. With whatever mods (or vanilla) as they use.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You really can't backup the character as I do beleive FU adds data into the character files which can't be removed.
    With that said you can back up the items though at least by following bk3ks advice, but you need to find a planet or location which is not modded by FU planet generation.

After you uninstall FU and your items are safe with another player
    You will want to wipe your universe. Cause any planet FU generated will now be corrupted.

4. Blacksuitcase

Sorry for the late reply, thank you guys!
    So now I think i'll do as follows:
    1. Leave the items on a planet that is not FU generated(Actually i'm not sure how could i tell, gotta look it up)
    2. We both Delete FU, and i go pick my items up with a new character
    3. Go multiplayer and give the items to my friend
    Also I think we'll have to backup our save files before all this, in case anything go wrong.
    If any part of the plan seems not okay please let me know, thanks again!:nuruflirt:

5. The | Suit

You can actually do it by simply copying a vanillia planet file from some one else then putting it into your Starbound Universe directory.

Then going to the Coordinates of that planet

6. Blacksuitcase

Thanks! Guess it'll be easier this way. Just one more thing, how do i wipe my universe and start fresh after it's all done?

7. The | Suit

Theres a folder called universe just delete it