Modding Help How do edit Tilesheets(for noobs)?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Craynie, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Craynie

Craynie Orbital Explorer

I want to use furniture/houses/clothes/hats etc from different mod sets at once so how do I combine them into one tilesheet. How do you combine them by hand into one tilesheet using an image editing program?
    Sorry if this question has been asked before I couldn't find any answers, I'm completely new to modding. I've only recently added SMAPI and CP mods to the game, which are easy, but when it comes to mods that add new textures to items (like furniture), you cant combine with other mods that use the same item in the pack.

I also wanted to ask, is it different when it comes to changing different item texture. For example, is there a different way you change hair title sheets from say furniture? How do you know if a mod will clash with another mod? And how do you fix it?

I'm also still really confused when it comes to mods that are not updated for content patcher and still are XBN files? Do I have to convert them first, if so is there any easy way to covert XNBfiles to CP mods? for example, I really like this frame Mod but its xnb file. Do I add it to a title sheet? Do I convert it?

I'm really sorry for the questions! I didn't want to have to make a separate thread for each question. Thank you so so much if you can help me!, I really appreciate any help.

• Craynie

Craynie Orbital Explorer

• hoddog

hoddog Void-Bound Voyager

Look at this video:
      Is this what you're trying to do?

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Situations like this are why I made my DIYCP mods.
        Just edit the PNGs to your liking and save when done. That's it.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Craynie Here is the CP version of Mi's Framed Butterflies. Also, here is a link to the page on the Stardew Valley wiki that lists all the unofficial xnb to CP mod conversions. Quite a few have been done already, so it's a handy place to check rather than plowing thru a 100+ page thread.