Modding Help How did you make any ranged weapon shoot multiple projectiles?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by jm505194600, Aug 23, 2016.

1. jm505194600

jm505194600 Orbital Explorer

I saw a person with a bow and he shoots out like 5 arrows at a time

2. jm505194600

anyone ?

3. The_Daily_Herp

The_Daily_Herp Void-Bound Voyager

Do you mean when someone holds rightmb with a normal bow (hunting bow to compound bow I think) and lets go that an arrow will follow a high arc that lands on where the cursor was, but splits into multiple arrows on impact?

4. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

I think that the magic occurs in zenshot.weaponability, look and try with that file.

5. jm505194600

i think he was using cross bow

6. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Have you tried looking at the projectilecount and editing that? Try playing with a shotgun-class .activeitem -- those can shoot multiple projectiles in one burst because it has the detail "projectilecount: x" in its .activeitem file.

7. Throwaway

Throwaway Void-Bound Voyager

Can I cut in with a related question? I know you can make guns fire more than one of the same projectile, but is it possible to have more than one distinct projectile be fired by the same gun?

I ask because I'm trying to make a Slag Launcher that fires a constant stream of molten slag (trash metal slurry) with flamethrower physics, but also randomly shoots out additional sharp bits of unmelted metal and scrap with different physics than the main stream. So that would be about 4 projectiles including the main stream and maybe a couple variations on junk that gets blown out with it, like an iron ball with very heavy physics but higher damage, a metal chunk that goes medium distance, and a sharp piece of shrapnel that flies a long way and pierces.

Is this possible within the current limitations of the system? I can't think of any guns that do this offhand, apart from the adaptable crossbow but that's tied into the alt ability.

8. Lemon drops

Lemon drops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

changing

"projectileType" : "<placeholder>",

to

"projectileType" : [ "<projectile1name>", "<projectile2name>" ],

will choose one of the projectiles from the two each shot.

I don't know how to do the spoiler code thing yet, sorry.