Question How did you get the idea for your username/gamertag?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitKit, Feb 11, 2016.

?

How did you get your username/gamertag?

1. Came up with it myself!

83.7%
  2. It was automatically asigned to me.

6.7%
  3. A freind made it!

7.7%
  4. I can't remember...

1.9%
  1. Dragonstar42

Dragonstar42 Void-Bound Voyager

I got Mine by playing puzzle bubble gamethere was guy named Skellmonsta and i decided to use Monsta as my new name

(Dragonstar42 i dont remember how i found it)

MitKit likes this.
  2. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Ok so this one is a bit long but...
    I'm a huge fan of eddsworld and I always liked how (At least before Tord left) there was a red one a green one and a blue one. Based somewhat on that and also on the RGB pixel arrangement of most computer screens at the time, I decided I would make a similar flash show about a band called the unprofessionals who were named "Red" "Green" and "Blue" and dressed in their respective colors. Obviously I never ever learned how to draw or animate with flash, so eventually the name just got shortened to Rgbunpro which was super original and not in use anywhere else.

Jareix Cryvix, MilkCalf and MitKit like this.
  3. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

Ahh, Combozone.
    This name came from the early days of Dragonfable, almost when there was no story.
    Me, being my 7-year-old self, wanted to come up with a cool name that I hadn't heard before.
    I remember being really into chaining combos and such at the time, and for some reason I had an image of my paladin (in full green plate no less) being in the place called the "Combozone", where everything would hit twice and look really cool or something.
    My other main username, Zone1010, was just another name for the Combozone I think.
    It's been my username ever since on most things, and I still think it's fairly cool.

*Insecurity intensifies*

MitKit likes this.
  4. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

My brother used to have the name of "Hyperstoned" and I was horrible at making names so I ended up with Antistoned. He changed it eventually, but I didn't. I only occasionally get stoner jokes.

MitKit likes this.
  5. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

MitKit likes this.
  6. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

This is a bit embarrasing but I guess I'll share.
    I like milk and I used to like it a lot more before. A family member, probably my mom, commented on how I drank milk like a calf and started calling me 'maitovasikka'. It was easy to translate 'maito' into 'milk' and 'vasikka' into 'calf' and MilkCalf was formed.
    I now know that it's a stupid name, but It tells my tale and it's exclusive to me, so I'm still going to use it.

MitKit and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  7. Eric Church

Eric Church Tentacle Wrangler

I use different user names with some meaning of them like kia ,dow 50 .its meaning is Lord OF castle. I always use a sites for my babies to games names. If you want to choose names you can choose from here .www.babynology.com/

MitKit likes this.
  8. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Stare in awe at my UNcreativity

Middle name, last initial, birth date.

I'll be honest with ya, creativity just ain't my thing.

9. Vilespring

Vilespring Subatomic Cosmonaut

My Xbox username was taken when I tried to activate my account. At the end of the suggestions, was VileSpring. I use a lowercase "S" because the name looks sleeker and less like two words smashed together.

MitKit likes this.
  10. So, I think I've told this story before, but I don't really mind telling it again.
    Anyone remember a game called Nicktropolis? Crappy browser-based... Life simulator?
    Well, when I registered for that game, I wanted my name to be Pichu. But Pichu was taken, so it suggested Pichu162.
    Later, when I wanted to get an email address, my mom suggested I use the nickname my parents called me when I was a baby, Shooshy.
    Shooshy was taken, so I threw the 162 on the end. I've been using it for almost 10 years at this point.

MitKit, Jareix Cryvix and Vilespring like this.
  11. SterlingC

SterlingC 2.7182818284590...

My very first username, Mightyputty, was based off a product advertised famously by Billy Mays. I loved the guy back in the day.
    My most recent username, SterlingC, is basically a character I made from the MLP universe who shares my persona... well most of it (I'm... a brony. But I haven't watched MLP in a long time...)

MitKit likes this.
  12. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

For my newest user name the emerald top hat while playing untuned I found a top hat and decided to wear it because one most have swag in the zombie apocalypse

MitKit likes this.
  13. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

Skelozard, a junction of "Skeleton" and both "Lizard" and "Wizard since it is my favorite animal and my favorite class in RPGs :p
    I have created the nickname in 2012 and since then I use to everything oh, and it is the name of a PokéGod too xD

14. Arthanen

Arthanen Void-Bound Voyager

When I was just a little lad, I would always play MMORPGS with my craptop, and I could never found a name that wasn't taken, so one day, I just came up with Artharen, or Arthanen when I make an alternate character. So far it hasn't been taken in a single game, besides Guild Wars 2...

MitKit likes this.
  15. BloodBinderYoton

BloodBinderYoton Space Hobo

I was making a starbound character, and I randomized my name and I got the name " BloodBinderYoton " and it kind of fit me. I've been with that name ever since.

MitKit likes this.
  16. Danger100ish

Danger100ish Tentacle Wrangler

My sister created a Gaia Online account for me when I was 7 (I really didn't belong there, but I saw her posting on it frequently and wanted to join), and she made up the username Danger100. I later tried to create a youtube account, but Danger100 was taken so I added the ish. It stuck with me. I have Danger1000ish on a few websites where I made an account with my usual username then forgot the password.

MitKit and MilkCalf like this.
  17. Evris

Evris Orbital Explorer

Welp a long time ago i needed to call myself something other Vex Vex was similar to Dex my friends nickname Turns out i felt guilty
    because i felt like i was taking my friends name for my self a few weeks later i was watching videos (i was a big pokemon fan at the time) so since i had Pokemon x i looked at Wonder trades the guy who was recieving the pokemon got an Eevee and its name was
    "evris" so i am like... wow i need that new name So from then on i was called Evris along with my facebook steam and Xbox i use
    Evris most of the time when i am gaming Sometimes i call myself something else like Greg storm or nick But Thats how i got my nick

MitKit likes this.
  18. Mewbone

Mewbone Phantasmal Quasar

Mewtwo + Cubone

The originality, I know.

My first ever nickname online was dragonstar1220, since obviously dragonstar was taken, then it became rayman1220, which I currently only have left on minecraft and steam (though it displays as Rayman). Now a days I only use Mewbone and Zraid.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    MitKit likes this.
  19. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

I originally used the username creeperman11111 which I came up with when I was about 11, making my Minecraft account. I quickly regretted this and have used Sh0elace or variations ever since. This username came from my brother calling me shoelace for some reason and he still does. I changed the 'o' to a '0' to make it cooler but I don't 100% like it.

MitKit likes this.
  20. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

For me I just chose the first letter of my name and added Mr to it. Mr T sounds cool.

MitKit likes this.