Question How did you get the idea for your username/gamertag?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitKit, Feb 11, 2016.

?

How did you get your username/gamertag?

1. Came up with it myself!

83.7%
  2. It was automatically asigned to me.

6.7%
  3. A freind made it!

7.7%
  4. I can't remember...

1.9%
  1. PWNn00bsdaily

PWNn00bsdaily Astral Cartographer

Back in the 4th and 5th grade, my friend and I were hardcore Roblox players, and I created my name cause i wanted to PWN some N00bs, daily, hence the childish name PWNn00bsdaily that I've used for EVERYTHING.

MilkCalf and MitKit like this.
  2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Zelkova is a character from a game call .Hack//G.U. and it just kinda got stuck as all of my friends will forever know me by that name now. Sadly it is generally always taken on games and such. So Japanese don't (more like can't) use the L sound so it generally end up being RU. VA become BA as they don't really use V either. So I just made it more Japanese friendly. In case anyone know of the semi-famous Zelkova who play Maplestory and own the subreddit, I am not that guy. He just so happen to be a fan of .Hack//G.U. as well.

3. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I made my gamertag at the age of 12. I remember that I was incredibly small in stature, and I played around with english words about synonyms that basically meant small, such as Little, Short, Tiny and Mini. So basically, my whole gamertag is Little Short Tiny Mini, but it's so much more easier to just "short" that out (Heh) to Lil' Mini. Little (Oh man the endless unintentional puns) did I know though that when I was 14-15 I would grow incredibly quickly from my once small size for what to me is "regular length" (Around 1.70 centimeters, been to long since I last measured my length.) but the name Lil' Mini got stuck in my head, so here I am.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  4. Omegnarok

Omegnarok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't really recall. I just thought putting omega and Ragnarok together was a good idea.

5. PWNn00bsdaily

PWNn00bsdaily Astral Cartographer

So the "End of the Apocalypse." Sounds pretty legit.

6. Fizzlepop531

Fizzlepop531 Seal Broken

My User Name is an old one from back when I was obsessed with Soda. Soda Fizzles, and Pops. So my name became Fizzlepop. And the rest is my Bday, so there is that. lol

MitKit likes this.
  7. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

In terms of the user name I use more often sargeantgreen102 it's duo to the fact that I wanted to be a part of the military as a kid and I love the colour green as for the 102 it's the number of my brothers apartment

MitKit likes this.
  8. Fizzlepop531

Fizzlepop531 Seal Broken

Green is my favorite color too! lol

PWNn00bsdaily and emeraldgreen72 like this.
  9. Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I was playing Guitar Hero, I believe. I got a high score on a song. My name is Megan and I went to enter Megz real quick. Well I got Megz in there and tried to end it only to his z a couple more times. Then in another attempt I scrolled the letter back to x and hit that. Well now the name area was full so being lazy I just hit accept. I have put Megzzzx on everything since.

MilkCalf and PWNn00bsdaily like this.
  10. I was in need of the same thanks for sahring.

11. Dougl07

Dougl07 Pangalactic Porcupine

My real name is Douglas.
    One time while my friend and I were talking about a James Bond movie (whilst we were slightly drunk) I tried to say "Double07" and said "Dougl07" instead.
    It stuck.

MilkCalf, MitKit and Lodish like this.
  12. MrReddiculous

MrReddiculous Void-Bound Voyager

One time I was in one of my not so rare annoying yet funny moods, when I thought it was funny to combine my last name (Reddingius) with ridiculous since they're not that different. Still think it matches my personality so I just keep using it ^_^

MilkCalf, lemon flavoured and MitKit like this.
  13. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

For me I choose Sgt.fox170 it wasn't the first name that I pick and made. My first nickname Sgt.wolfy I got tired of that name then i change it too Sgt.foxy (way before Fnaf came out) and i started using the number 170 due to the star-wars series the episode 3 with the ARC-170 fighter ships, then i change the name to fox cause I the fnaf part. and thats how i got this name.

MitKit and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  14. Curtis6566

Curtis6566 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sure you can guess mine. Pinnacle of creativity created for LEGO.com when I was 6; for awhile I used many usernames, but this is just easiest for friends.

MitKit likes this.
  15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

My future self travelled back in time from the future and told me to use it!

16. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

So thats where my timemachine went.

how2meme 101, now available at your nearest zetta

17. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

wouldn't that disrupt the time and space continuum?

18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

actually, that's where your time machine will go.
    it would cause a bootstrap paradox but that's okay because it's a name rather than a physical object; however this means that no-one ever invented the name so we have to blame the gods.

19. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Zettaverse time doesnt run paralell to boring earth time. For me that happened 3 years ago.

how2meme 101, now available at your nearest zetta

20. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Let us sit around the digital campfire and reminisce. Grab the stale marshmallows as this story comes in multiple chapters...

First, "Wolf". Once upon a time, le me sat in grade school as the teacher told us to wrote down our favorite animal. Me, being a mythology buff in the making wrote "dire wolf". Teacher proceeded to walk over and tell me to choose something else, because that wasn't an animal. I disagreed.
    Since that day my best friend had decided to call me "Wolfy" for the sole purpose to piss the teacher off.

Second, "14". In middle school, I used to play basketball. My first year I choose '99' as the number for my jersey because I thought I was cool. We lost every game. Next year, I decided on '14'. Twice the lucky 7 and always one greater than unlucky 13. We won every game that year.

Lastly, "Inf_". This one is a bit of a mystery for everyone involved; Everyone except me. For years now people have tried to guess what it means. The most I will say is that it is an abbreviation of a word in another language. The language you ask, it is not a tongue spoken commonly on the Earth, let alone this universe.