Question How did you get the idea for your username/gamertag?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitKit, Feb 11, 2016.

?

How did you get your username/gamertag?

1. Came up with it myself!

83.7%
  2. It was automatically asigned to me.

6.7%
  3. A freind made it!

7.7%
  4. I can't remember...

1.9%
  1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

My original username, Bustow, was a nicnae given to me back when I was a youngster running around and getting into trouble. The Squid was also a nickname given to me, however it was because I always avoided punishment (like a squid because if you try to hold a squid it's slippery).

Gilligan Lanley and MitKit like this.
  2. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Once upon a time, I was young and foolish. I decided to wear a good ol bucket hat to high school one day that I found in my father's possession. So as I was walking towards my locker to take off said bucket hat; we weren't allowed to wear hats in class, a few of my upper class men was coming towards where I my locker; the class they were going to was right next to my locker. So one of them stops, then the other.I'm fairly certain that I was going to be made fun of; which I kind of was, but I rolled with the punches. One of them said to me "Luh! Look at Gilligan dere luh! Same ting as buddy from the show Gilligan's Island!" And the nickname spread throughout the school like wildfire and it stuck with me since. The last part of my name "Lanley" was a random last name that the game SecondLife had me choose for a random last name. And I've been using it ever since.

PS. Still young and foolish.

3. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

"cyber sounds cool, spy sounds cool. I see XD used a lot, dunno what it means. but it must be cool too"

and thus, cyberspyXD was born.

MitKit and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  4. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

:rofl: is usually used as a 'rofl' emoji. Much like : 3 is for catface emoji :3

MitKit likes this.
  5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Yeah, happens when I"m quoted too as shown by your post.

6. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

West Philadelphia born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin' out, coolin' off. Shootin' some B-ball outside the school. Then a couple a' guys...

Nah.
    Well, for as long as I can remember, I've liked names starting in R. About... ten or so years ago, I seemingly randomly became attached to the word "Ruin". I honestly haven't a clue. Just liked the sound of it. It began in real life. I'd just casually refer to myself as Ruin on occasion. Maybe it's because "Ruin" as a name isn't overly pretentious nor immature (The word "Reaper" showing up a lot in people's usernames for example.). Unfortunately, Ruin is a four-letter word. One of the most common words to be snatched up by people who just want a unique name on sites/MMOs. I was lucky enough to get it here though.

Boring stories, ho!

7. Barl0we

Barl0we Phantasmal Quasar

I thought the name of the villain in Stephen King's "Salem's Lot" book sounded cool. I added an e at the end because it looked more right to me, and I don't remember why I replaced the o with a 0.

Vith and MitKit like this.
  8. Roubo

Roubo Big Damn Hero

I'm not very emotional person and I often think of myself as of robot. But I'm also a mecha(bit anime robots) hater so I thought of something robotic with a slice of cuteness and Roubo is the first thing came up to my mind. X3

9. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

And then you became a cat.

10. Roubo

Roubo Big Damn Hero

That's not my fault, deep, deep inside I'm still a robot.

MilkCalf, Apathy Applied and MitKit like this.
  11. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

it used to be neptz but I held the idiot ball for like a second and changed my name to a binding of isaac thing and now I can't change it back rip
    so basically when I like something I change everything that I can change (desktop, avatar, even names) to it temporarily til I move on to the next thing I like
    it just so happened that I really liked BoI at the time so I did that rash decision
    still regret it since because of people calling me by non-shitposter name :(

MitKit likes this.
  12. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

It's the opposite of me!
    (I was a cat, but I am now a robot)

MilkCalf, Roubo and Apathy Applied like this.
  13. sarcasmloading

sarcasmloading Master Chief

I got mine from a trackpad with "Sarcasm Loading. Please Wait" written on it that I had from 2007. Good times.

14. George

George Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not a very creative guy, most of my usernames are just my last name

and in this case my first name :p

Apathy Applied and MitKit like this.
  15. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

So, I use two names. One of them I stole from a friend and use for a couple things, but I mostly use Benkinz99. For starters... do any of you remember webkinz? Stuffed animal toys with a club penguin style website tie in. When I needed a name for an account on that website, I tried to use my first name: Ben. When that didn't work I added the kinz part of webkinz onto it, making it benkinz. That still didn't work, so I ended up just adding 99 to the end. That name has stuck with me for every Game I have basically ever had. Any sort of online registration (apart from Email and some other stuff) has always been Benkinz99. I do have another name I use but you don't get to know what it is. I want some privacy after all.

MitKit likes this.
  16. Faerdin

Faerdin Astral Cartographer

Once upon a time, a little kid was playing World of Warcraft. He was making a night elf hunter and wanted a name that sounded "elfy."

One decade (Give or take a few years) later and bam, here I am. I still use the name because it came from a simpler time.

MitKit likes this.
  17. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i went to join the project zomboid forums and the first name i thought of was rhomboid because it rhymed with zomboid and then i liked it and it was easy to remember loool

18. Roubo

Roubo Big Damn Hero

I can't remember it at all :D

19. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

[​IMG]

20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Mine was origionally 00jayman00 for a while on many things starting with minecraft.
    But as a "story" i had begun cobbling together in fifth grade began to come together, as I decided upon what would be the final iteration of my protagonist (Jareix Craivix), I also decided i shall use it for my username as well. This forum was the first place/time I had ever Jareix as my username, and the first time used a username without the three letters "Jay" in that order.
    As for the other names for my protagonist... (Zanix, to Zetris, to Zalix, to Zaj, to Jay, to Jax, to Jaixis, to Jalsor, to Jaris, to Jarvis, to Jareil, to Jarex, to finally Jareix...)