1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find out about this game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by OneOnlyDan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. OneOnlyDan

OneOnlyDan Cosmic Narwhal

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read. :')

2. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

i think it was Rock Paper Shotgun in a galaxy far far away and a very long time ago X3.

3. Jnse

Jnse Void-Bound Voyager

I heard about this game a long time ago with all it's "next Terraria stuff blah blah" and I thought that was why Terraria's development stopped. And a few months later, in June 2013 I watched some videos and I felt in love with Starbound.

4. Cathriana

Cathriana Phantasmal Quasar

I found out about this game through my brother and google where we searched for "TERRARIA ALIKE!"

5. Tlarby

Tlarby Guest

A good friend of mine told me about it and we're extremely hyped for Beta.

6. Nerixel

Nerixel Aquatic Astronaut

Literally all my friends on another forum were hyped up, had all bought the prerelease and were planning a multiplayer server to be started within a day of stage 1 release, so I figured I should probably get in on it :p

7. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

I was playing... I don't even recall what I was playing, but then I got message from my little brother that included link to the video "Singing in Starbound!". I searched for more information and... Here I am.

8. Bars

Bars Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I googled "games like terraria" year ago

9. Senormago

Senormago Orbital Explorer

I learned about the game quite a few months ago from a friend (6 maybe? only recently finally made a forum account) then a few months after that I got some money to get a pre-order. Seeing it progress has been really exciting, hopeful for the beta and the full release. :)

10. Alestron

Alestron Void-Bound Voyager

I was watching a video on Starmade when the person doing the video mentioned Starbound, I fell prey to my curiosity. First video I saw had me sold.

11. Alxetora

Alxetora Phantasmal Quasar

I had heard of this game through a bunch of angry Terraria rant-soldiers; upon hearing of their argument with a fellow server-member in a game I was playing, I decided to check it out. So far, Starbound looks much, much better, even though the games are vastly different. Limitless exploration, randomly generated items and monsters, random quests and hey, just quests in general man. None of that was in Terraria.

12. King

King Former Staff

I found out when Tiy said he was going to make it.

=P

13. WiX

WiX Void-Bound Voyager

I have found about Starbound thanks to this video on Youtube, called "10 Reasons Why Starbound Will Be Better Than Terraria". It was a suggestion during my search for some Terraria howto.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5mt1pMuaI

14. Lavranzo

Lavranzo Pangalactic Porcupine

I played a game of LoL, and then in the afterscreen, there was a link to playstarbound.com :) Then I saw this picture:
    [​IMG]
    A bird race? I was sold there... :D

Tleno likes this.
  15. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

Alas, I don't recall how I first learned of it. Eventually I looked at the team making the game, and saw names I recognized from other games and other not-games. Then I saw art that made mention of this same game. Ever since, I've been waiting patiently and trying not to hang around too often so I didn't get too hyped up about it and get my expectations all ruined when it finally arrived.

Then I heard something about beta being soon, and now here I am, waiting but slightly more looking around and seeing what's being offered. Looks good. Not regretting it so far.

16. Greenforks

Greenforks Astral Cartographer

Odyssey Gamez' videos sent me here :p Now im hooked

17. Foliumsakura

Foliumsakura Void-Bound Voyager

Me like many it seems, come from terraria. People were putting up some info bits about how Starbound was going to be the next big thing to supersede it. I gotta say, I love terraria, and I am loving everything about starbound. I am extremely happy with the amazing progress and that really is what brought me here. The love and care that I have view in it

18. HappyMeal

HappyMeal Star Wrangler

I've already lost interest in terarria, and it's been two weeks.

19. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

First announcement on terrariaonline forums, than I just stalked playstarbound for a few weeks before registering. I am waiting for too long for this game now. :lolwut:

20. The_Master_sensei

The_Master_sensei Master Chief

i found it insomnia 49 and i played it for at least half an hour and then went home and bought it
    i feel so lucky to have played it

natelovesyou likes this.