Modding Help How can i update a mod from ~2014 to work with the current release?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nygal, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Nygal

Nygal Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there!! It's been a while.

So basically, in 2014 i spent a lot of time making a mod to add in a custom player race based on the prospitians from homestuck. i have all the files, and i even have a backup of the version of starbound i think i was using at the time. I'd like to get it running again but it's been such a long time, i don't even remember how to make mods for starbound any more.

Some info: i have a backup of my pc from 2014 that was made on the 2nd of August 2015, which has at least one WIP copy of the mod i was working on, and a version of starbound installed. I need to dig through the backup some more, there may be a better/more finished version of the mod, but i'll upload a zip of what i've got now. i believe the version of starbound on the backup was a later version than the mod was made for, i think i remember dropping the mod because there was an update that massively changed the game and broke my mod completely, or something like that

Is it possible to either update this mod i was working on to the current version, or (and i think the 2nd option is preferable since i don't plan to continue working on the mod) can i somehow check what version of the game the mod was made for, and install that version of starbound via the steam console?

Thank you! :)

Attached Files:

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I can update it if you would like, and send you a list of the changes I had to do.

3. Nygal

Nygal Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, really? That would be fantastic! Are you sure that you don't mind?

4. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I dont mind. ill start working on it now

Edit : Got most of it done, just one more folder to go through, fix recipes, then test it out to make sure it runs smooth\

Edit: Here ya go. Most everything should be working. I didnt test the seeds and stuff. There is a changelog file inside the main folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  5. Nygal

Nygal Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! i'll try it out later today!