Modding Help how add the new weapon Alt ability's?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dilrax, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

some of the new additional Alt ability's for weapons are pretty cool, but iv had a hard time adding them in to my own weapons, (because i want to mix things up a little) how ever im not sure if a new format is needed (because im still using JSON formats from Enraged Koala for items) or it needs to be a different type of file other then .gun, like the randomly generated as found in the "active folders", anyone got any Leeds on getting this to work?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Simple solution is to stop using Formats from Enraged and Unpack the latest assets.
    The assets you are looking for are found here
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\unpacked\items\active

3. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

tried that, though i couldn't seem to get it working, probably my own patchwork fault as the random generated items generally include their three separated parts into the file code... which with or with out... still breaks the item for me, log doesn't really tell me what's wrong with the JSON any more ether...

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Grab an existing tiered weapon and change things as necessary. Its a new format, but it is straight forward.