1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed how about adding an art-book to the pre-order?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Belik, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belik

Belik Void-Bound Voyager

I would really love the get an art-book of Starbound,
    any chance to add one along with the soundtrack? :)

LightningJR likes this.
  2. Art-Boox. Even PDF or something would be nice!

Also an Lore Book also!
    WHY DIDN'T they done this already? o_O

LightningJR and Belik like this.
  3. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

Probably havent had time art/lore does sound great though hope they add them

4. sephse

sephse Master Chief

A compendium of works might be a project to involved for anyone one of the Devs to engage in,
    without taking time away from making the game itself.

But if the team already has something like a few folders with developer notes and sketches, then a Development log
    compilation would be really easy to put together, not to mention really cool.

5. They may do that with time still, but I supose such things will not be in any Pre-order.

6. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

I'd also love an art book and a lore book. Judging by that document they showed a bit of before, there's some pretty extensive lore that they've already written. If someone could write it up nicely, and wack some concept sketches and things a long with it, it could be an interesting little read.

7. Asteroides

Asteroides Subatomic Cosmonaut

Id say focus on getting the beta out first (things first) :)

Only known about this game for about 2 weeks, not sure how you guys lasted since last year, i just cant wait to play this game, i check forums every day for news about beta.

Id say if they got a pdf of art laying around why not, if not, toss any work not really necessary till we can play the beta

8. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

We avoided making anything physical for the pre-orders because the logistics would have been a nightmare, and it would have taken us forever for us to design, compile, order, mail, etc.

9. You still can do an Digital one. :)

10. Tal

Tal Void-Bound Voyager

I would love an art/sketch book as well. I'm still unsure on which level I should preorder, and if I should preorder a fourpack for some friends right away...
    Decisions, decisions. Every nudge in the right direction would help there.... ;)

edit: and pdf would be fine

11. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

I was thinking more just a little digital book putting together a few nice concept sketches and things. Its always interesting seeing the design process and how the game evolved and changed over time. Not that I wouldn't say no to buying a physical art book in the future if it was well done though :)

12. BlindForger

BlindForger Void-Bound Voyager

Ooo, an Art Book/PDF would be awesome!

13. BlindForger

BlindForger Void-Bound Voyager

Oh yeah, something like what Ni No Kuni did with an Art/Lore book. Man, I would snap that up in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.