House/farm building exterior remodeling idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mabu, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Mabu

Mabu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was thinking, after having gained the largest types of the buildings on the farm, it would be pretty cool to be able to dress them how we'd like. Of course it would be a whole lot of work to go and implement a lot of other designs, so my idea at the moment is sort of more mod-supporting. I think it would be neat to have it so that we can have a folder where we drop in designs other players have made. Game side, after reaching max tier of something, (or say single items such as the silos or horse stable) a new option will appear in the carpenter's menu: Remodel. This will load up the contents of the clients' folder (for the 4 player co-op it will use the host's folder). Depending on the type of building to be remodeled the game will apply a price. Perhaps say, for a top tier home- 10,000g and 5 diamonds.

It will take a few days as usual for the alteration, and then your farm will be a bit more "you". I think this has the benefit of giving end game players something to save money for and relieve tedium. =]

Thank you for your time. I hope this is an alright idea, and I'm so glad the game was released a bit "early" I look forwards to continued updates.

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

For now we just play with modded ones. Although it's up to the author for the design, it still offers a new style rather than the old one.

• Mabu

Mabu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, i have some mods on my animals, i just thought this up because it seemed friendlier and more fun personally, plus the ability to have different stuff in multiplayer that is actually visible to all players would be neat. As well as the fact that the way some sheets work, such as the connected house and greenhouse means that unless you can change the file, you are all or nothing on a set.