Hotkey / Shortcut Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sam Handwich, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Sam Handwich

Sam Handwich Void-Bound Voyager

I've been having a blast with the game so far, but there are a few minor quality of life hotkeys I'd really like to see implemented.

• Body Tech: Being able to push a key to dash (think Mega Man X) instead of having to double-tap would be fantastic, and it would make it much easier to perform in the heat of battle. Ideally there would be an option to turn double-tapping off completely.
    • Heal / Eat: The Terraria guys had the right idea with their healing item shortcut, using the highest-up one in your inventory. I'd love to see the same thing implemented with food and salves/bandages/whatever in Starbound. Another idea is to have a dedicated hotbar slot that you don't have to switch to, like having H off to the side there for whatever healing item you put there -- just one push, instead of switching to it and THEN using it.
    • Swapping Hands: A quick way to swap your left and right hand items would be nice, but isn't entirely necessary.
    Anyone else have any other suggestions for hotkeys they'd like to see? The main two I want are points 1 and 2 there, I can live without 3.