1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Host/Non-host players lagging, Unplayable (beta)

Discussion in 'Support' started by karadingo000000, May 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. karadingo000000

karadingo000000 Void-Bound Voyager

• Non-host players are stuck on a loading screen
    • Non-host players are unable to trade
    • Host could hear actions of players on the farm even if they are not on the farm map
    • Sometimes players could not see each other, or would see other players doing actions they performed a few minutes ago
    • Host and non-host players are seeing other player "actions" go off several seconds or minutes after they happen. EG: Player1 cuts down a tree. Player2 sees the tree fall down and all the materials a few minutes after it happens.
    • Multiple players made chests. At first they seemed to function normally, but after a few minutes no one could open the chest, and then the chests were animation locked on "open" and still couldn't be accessed.
    We tried having different hosts, but we saw the same problems no matter who was hosting.

Version 1.3.7.

• Hammertoes

Hammertoes Intergalactic Tourist

This sounds a lot like my desync issue. Are you and your friends located in different parts of the world?

• Maxjanus

Maxjanus Space Hobo

Same here sadly (2 player game). As suggested by Hammertoes my partner is on a different continent. I am in Europe and she is in Japan. I am host and my internet connection is really fast, this cant be the issue.

• hobbittrash

hobbittrash Space Hobo

Hi, I had this same issue. I set up a LAN network by using Hamachi and had people connect thru LAN. All players need to use Hamachi and have it open so they can connect with the IP and join the LAN way. So far we haven’t had many desync issues since doing so. Other than that, you can probably try restarting the server once an hour maybe to give it a refresh and get everyone back on the same time.