REQUEST Horse Mod Based on a Cat?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DreamerDrop, Aug 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One of our cats, Baxter, is... a lot larger than the average cat.

Sort of like a Maine Coon? Aside from his size, he looks more or less like a tabby cat with white paws.

I've attached some photos for reference. I used to use this mod for a giant cat as a horse, but...

Well, Baxter ran away recently and I miss him. Seeing him everyday, even in a game, would make me feel better.

I'd be super thankful to anyone who could help out. My pixel art skills aren't good enough, but I'd be happy to draw something as a thank you if someone took this on.

I've attached some photos as a reference! (Apologies if this is a little too complex of a request!)

IMG_20171006_123202.jpg IMG_20170928_221109.jpg IMG_20170928_220814.jpg

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Hmmm... that actually wouldn't be too difficult an edit. The basic color pattern is the same, even if the patterns are different. Use a light gray/dark gray instead of light orange/dark orange pattern, and you're mostly there. Might have to change the shape of the face a smidge, but only a couple of pixels at most.

I'm a pretty lousy pixel-pusher, unfortunately, but I could wrap it as a Content Pack for you so you don't have to worry about XNB swaps going away when you Verify Integrity.

• DreamerDrop

Oh, that'd be lovely. If you could, I'd appreciate it immensely.

And again, if you'd like me to draw you something, even just a quick sketch, as a thank you, I'd be more than happy. :love:

As a side note, Baxter came home this morning. He wouldn't come inside, but he let us feed him, so at least we know he's around.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Good to hear he's at least returned, even if he won't come in.

Here's the file converted to a Content Patcher pack. To use it, you'll need SMAPI and then Content Patcher in your mods folder. Then just unzip this into your mods folder, and you're good to go, no more fiddling around in your Content folder!

I wasn't able to edit the file itself, so it'll still be the same orange riding cat that the xnb edit was, I've just made it more stable so you don't lose it if SDV updates suddenly.

Attached Files:

DreamerDrop likes this.
          • DreamerDrop

Honestly? I appreciate this immensely regardless. Thank you so much!

(Seriously, if you just wanna send me a picture of your farmer and fave marriage candidate, I'll happily sketch you a little thank you note. I really do appreciate this effort!)