1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Horizontal Doors 1.8.4

Adds horizontal "hatches" that fit into the floor

1. Trook

Trook Space Penguin Leader

Good one! Which part is the drainy one in this image there?

[​IMG]
    (at the bottom) from a mod?

2. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Thats just a hole in the bottom layer of the background wall, No mod involved, Just base starbound. Liquids flow into the background if the background is "Open air", disappearing into oblivion.

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  3. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

I'm going to check this out soon, and then see if these will still work out if I replace the actual doors with these hatches.

4. Trook

Trook Space Penguin Leader

faceplam -.- it looked like a working drain part (not like the recent implemented one)

5. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

It does work, however because I've changed the placement node of every door involved, it breaks generated structures and makes the door either vanish or be placed way out of alignment. A full replacement mod would involve changing all the door locations in the dungeon maps, so this is just a door upgrade

6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

What if we made these doors vertical by default (much like regular doors) instead of horizontal like the hatches?

7. FormalRiceFarmr

They are vertical by default now. It's about the little node where it's grabbed. In image maps the node is where the door is placed, it used to be bottom corner of the door, but for this mod to work I had to center it, which means most dungeon doors would now be spawned in the floor.

8. FormalRiceFarmr

9. FormalRiceFarmr

10. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

You could always keep two versions of the mod, and just update one less or something.
    One thats like it is now, the other like it was before, with the smelting in the furnace. That way people can choose between having dungeon generation partially broken to have ease of placement, or to keep the dungeon generation working and have to smelt the doors.

Myself, Id prefer the smelting. It's a little odd, but short of creating a new crafting table, or shoving 2 recipes per door into one of the base starbound ones, its the best option. (Id prefer it because I'm not going to really want more than 5 or 6 doors at any one time, And in the event I do, it means I'm doing a huge expansion to my base, and that expansion has to get built, so if I put the doors in ahead of time, theyre long done smelting before I need em.)

11. FormalRiceFarmr

For both compatibility and ease of use I want to make a small table that works similar to the furnace, so you can have a compact object in your ship to upgrade doors with the option of place horizontally. Some sort of "Door Reinforcement" table

12. Belyal

Belyal Tentacle Wrangler

Can you add the huge airlock door? It can be found here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\objects\hylotl\_underwaterdungeon\airlockdoor

It's the same size as the Large Glitch Castle Door but it looks and acts like the Ship door so no hinge. Thanks!

13. FormalRiceFarmr

Hell yes, I had no idea this existed

14. Belyal

Belyal Tentacle Wrangler

HAHA! YES! So glad I said somethign I LOVE this door! It's not in the game yet but I was able to find it using another mod, I LOVE how big it is =D Can't wait for the update! BTW This is such a simple mod but prolly one of my faves thus far! Thanks for figuring this out. I've just started to mod and only made one decorative item so far but really liking the mod stuff on here.

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  15. FormalRiceFarmr

is this door 3 blocks wide?

16. Belyal

Belyal Tentacle Wrangler

it appears to need 4 blocks to place it

17. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr updated Horizontal Doors with a new update entry:

Under the hood update and one new giant door

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

A very thoughtful and clever mod! Just got done showing it to my community on YouTube!

Peppae and FormalRiceFarmr like this.
  19. FormalRiceFarmr

I'm honored!

20. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr updated Horizontal Doors with a new update entry:

High Tier doors included!

Read the rest of this update entry...