RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

So far all the testers I've talked to have used the mushrooms, so it's good to know the bats aren't working. Not sure how to fix this, but I'll try to figure it out. Thanks for letting me know :)

Orion and Dog likes this.
    • addy468

addy468 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hiya! Which folder should I be putting the fish bowl download in? and how will I find it in-game? :casper:<3

• HopeWasHere

First you need to download CustomElementHandler and Custom Farming. Inside the Custom Farming mod is a folder called CustomContent. Place the HopeWasHere.FishBowl folder inside the CustomContent folder. Now when you play the game, go to your crafting menu, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should see a fish bowl and side table for you to craft. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions! :)

Sugar-Fable and addy468 like this.
        • RabidMuffins

RabidMuffins Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do I go about installing the Farmer Customization Mod?

• HopeWasHere

It's an xnb type mod, so before you install anything be sure you back up all the files you'll be replacing. Specifically hairstyles.xnb, both hats.xnb, and shirts.xnb. Once they're backed up, place the hairstyles.xnb, hats.xnb (not the one in the data folder), and shirts.xnb in the Characters/Farmer folder. Then go to the Content/Data folder and place the hats.xnb that was in the Mod's data folder. If you want to use the Accessories, you will need the GetDressed mod. You'll replace the accessories.xnb in the Mods/GetDressed/overrides folder with the accessories.xnb file that's in the mod's folder.

Sorry it's so confusing, I've been meaning to go in and simplify it. Maybe when I add these new hairstyles I've been working on I'll finally get around to it. Let me know if you have any questions, I would recommend a Mod Manager of some kind to help keep all the files straight.

• TheWeejay

TheWeejay Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, just out of general curiousity; my friends and I recently got your mod to rp some pokefun on stardew, but we noticed you don't have anything for the wonderful doctor colress. We just wanted to ask if you ever had an intention on adding him to your farmer customization mod or not.

• Entosei

Entosei Space Hobo

How i can find the hat,i cant find it at hat shop

• HopeWasHere

Sure, I'm always looking for new ideas. To be honest, I didn't think anyone would be interested in the Pokemon evil teams, so I kept them to a minimum. Anyone else you would like to see?

• HopeWasHere

As of right now the only way to access the hats is with an item spawner. I am looking into a way to make them their own shop (I'd like to make Emily's Clothing Therapy a permanent thing with all these hats as options) but until then, that's the only way.

Entosei likes this.
                    • TheWeejay

TheWeejay Void-Bound Voyager

Oh no! You've gotten a lot of our favorites already, and I'm bad with guessing peoples favorites. But I guess a suggestion would be maybe some of Aethers members? I'm not sure ^^;

• HopeWasHere

Sure, I could do that :) I'll put them in the next update

• sueJ

sueJ Space Hobo

Great Mods! But I can't find the hats. Is it still working?

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

You need to use an item spawner to get a lot of the hats.

HopeWasHere and sueJ like this.
                            • sueJ

sueJ Space Hobo

I find it, thanks for your help

Sugar-Fable likes this.
                              • Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

I'm loving the spring cave. I'm just wondering if there's any way to have the map be centered on the screen? For some reason it's way off to the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• HopeWasHere

I've been working on a fix for it, but it doesn't seem to be working. So I'm going to just have to re-release a new cave. Hopefully I'll have it done sometime this week. While I am working on it, are there any special requests for features you would like to see in the cave?

• Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

Oh, alright. I'll be keeping an eye out for that then :) Nothing that I can think of to add, it's nice as it is right now, cute and simple! Keep up the great work! :love:

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                    • Luna_Amell

Luna_Amell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the custom fishbowl and it's animation, where do i put both folders?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Did you make the layers bigger for the extra floor? If so, you need to modify the map property for following the player, as small maps usually disable that because it looks weird.

• HopeWasHere

For the fishbowl, you can either use the animation on a custom tile sheet and add it to a map through tIDE, or you can have it in game wherever you want with Custom Farming and Custom Element Handler. In order to do the later, you need to download CustomElementHandler and Custom Farming. Inside the Custom Farming mod is a folder called CustomContent. Place the HopeWasHere.FishBowl folder inside the CustomContent folder. Now when you play the game, go to your crafting menu, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should see a fish bowl and side table for you to craft.

I have, and that fixes the centering problem, but doesn't fix the fruit bat problem. So the mod will have to be as-is until I can make a new map that fixes both problems.