Homestuck Mod/Sburb Gamemode!

Discussion in 'Other' started by turntechGodhead, Nov 10, 2012.

1. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

I did read your thread(I read it before I created this one), however, yours was more of a race to defeat a boss; ours is essentially Sburb(though, I need to continue adding information).

2. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

k :D
    You do realize that Sburb essentially IS a race to defeat a boss? If you don't defeat the remaining black monarchs (or whoever is in power), the Reckoning destroys your home planet entirely and you cannot claim the Ultimate Reward, whatever that may be.

3. turntechGodhead

I know, but yours was just your Denizen.

4. Relinies

The Denizen is involved in the Player's quest, but it is not the final boss. You are not necessarily required to kill it to finish your quest, though it can be considered the Player's final boss.
    The monarchs are the final boss of your group. End of story.

5. turntechGodhead

I've added the end. That's most of the information(and thank you again Relinies for that comprehensive list), or all I can think of. Anything else anyone can think of?

6. Relinies

After you've built toward(and presumably reached) the SEVENTH GATE, you will arrive on SKAIA. More specifically, THE BATTLEFIELD. Here, your final test stands. You must fight the BLACK KING and BLACK QUEEN, who's powers are greatly augmented by your prototypings (just as Underlings, the primary enemies in Sburb, much like the Dersite/Prospitan armies) [1. They will be fought separately, however.] [2. The Queen will be fought on Derse(check "Clersterferk"), the King on The Battlefield.] Before the battle begins, [3. the Black King will initiate "The Reckoning".] Also called HOLY SHIT METEORS ARE FLYING TOWARDS SKAIA. [4. You have 24 hours(not sure how long it would be in-game) to defeat the Black King and Queen.] Should you manage to defeat them within 24 hours, congratulations! You've almost won the game. Now you must return to your planet, defeat your DENIZEN(who, after fighting the Derse rulers, shouldn't be TOO difficult), [5. gather the resources, and perform the ULTIMATE ALCHEMY](check "Clersterferk"). [6. Now you've won. Hooray!]

I'm gonna edit through this with mentions on the problems I see.

1. Not necessarily. You could get unlucky.
    2-A. You never fight on Derse. Prospit players cannot go to Derse.
    2-B. You fight whoever is in power. This person will have one or even both of the Royal Artifacts that give the Carapacians (the species of Prospit/Derse) their powers.
    3. Not necessarily. You can defeat them before the Reckoning even begins, or after it ends. But if you opt for (or are forced into) the latter, you still lose either way.
    4. Again, not necessarily. You can defeat them at any time. Even before any of you enters the game, though how this would be possible I couldn't say. Uprising (Jack Noir, lookin' at you) could do it.
    5. This is where I was wrong earlier. You have to complete the Genesis Frog BEFORE defeating the black king, queen, or other person in power, or else claiming the Ultimate Reward is pointless. The Ultimate Reward is entrance into the universe you have created, if the hints dropped post-Hivebent are correct.
    6. Not quite true. You still have two jobs, neither entirely required though. One, you need to bring your race back to life. The only people left of your race are those who entered into the Session via the game (not necessarily named Sburb/Sgrub). And two, you need to EXPLORE THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR UNIVERSE!
    EDIT: The Reckoning begins when the White King falls in battle, and this usually happens before the players reach Skaia. I know this was an error somewhere (I think anyway) but I'm too lazy to go back and find it.

Also, what should we do in the case of Void sessions? Should we assume all lands in void sessions will be Land of X and (noble gas)? Should they be entirely unwinnable, or could we make it possible for players who reached god tier (WHICH I ALSO FORGOT UNTIL NOW!!) to exit their original session (Assuming it either was completed or doomed to failure) and help them?

7. turntechGodhead

Thank you. It was typed somewhat hastily; I appreciate the proof-reading.

8. Relinies

Done editing. Take a look.

9. turntechGodhead

Thanks. Remedying now. Also, I'm not entirely sure repopulating the universe with your race should be in the game. It's not a sim.

10. Relinies

I did say it was optional. And sexual repopulation is not a requirement. The population can be restored the same way the Genesis Frog was created.

Also: Actually DEFEATING your denizen is not required. You can get the massive grist cache (and other items) via "Shenanigans."

11. turntechGodhead

Endless grinding?
    *Edit: Okay, so, browser facked up, everything went black, edits gone, I'm demoralized.

12. Relinies

I can rewrite your ending for you tomorrow, if you'd like.
    And no, not "Endless Grinding." You can TALK to your Denizen, you know. That's how Jade got the Quills of Echidna to give to John to create his badass hammer with help from Vriska, and then initiate the Scratch.

13. turntechGodhead

OH YEA. And would you really? Thanks!

14. Relinies

After you've built toward (and presumably reached) the SEVENTH GATE, you will arrive on SKAIA. More specifically, THE BATTLEFIELD. Here, your final test stands. You must fight the BLACK KING and/or BLACK QUEEN (Or possibly another in power!), whose powers are greatly augmented by your prototypings (Like the underlings you have seen throughout your playing, simply more powerful. And they have all the prototypings rather than one or two). For most players, the RECKONING will have already begun. This means that the WHITE KING was defeated on the BATTLEFIELD, and his SCEPTER was taken. The meteors of the VEIL will be flying toward SKAIA, or the home of the BATTLEFIELD. SKAIA will redirect as many as possible, a twenty four hour period. Once this time is over, the BATTLEFIELD is destroyed by meteors and the ULTIMATE ALCHEMY cannot take place.
    In other words, hurry up! Defeat the final boss and take back the SCEPTER, and you've won! Simply allow the GENESIS FROG to grow inside the BATTLEFIELD now, and you have completed your job.

Don't add this part to your End: I remembered something and had to correct it. We were both half right. The Genesis Frog can be CREATED before you fight, but it has to grow inside the Battlefield.

15. turntechGodhead

Thanks, Relinies. You're a fantastic help in this idea. :cookie:

16. Relinies

Thanks. I'm also working on a HUGE rewrite of my clersterferk.
    I'll post what I have of it so far in a spoiler, in just a moment.
    Got it!

1. Class and Aspect: Based on short quiz, for first character. All characters afterward can be made freely.
      1. What the Classes mean is not literal (usually). A Prince is an actively destructive character that will take things down directly. A Bard, the Passive opposite of a prince, will take things down quietly, yet just as effectively.
      2. Aspects are affected most by personality. (Aspect = Role, Trait)
    Breath = Wind, Heroic & Unsure of self
    Light = Fortune, Logical
    Time = Time,
    Space = Space, Helpful (Note: Dream self wakes early)
    Mind = Alternate Time/Alternate Mind(Personalities), Randomness/Radicality
    Heart = Literally Mind/Emotions,
    Life = Healing,
    Void =
    Hope =
    Doom = Destruction, Dejectedness/cynical-ness
    Blood = ,
    Rage = Anger, Destructiveness

1. Sylladex: Starts with 8 cards (Memory would double this number, but only 8 could be used to store items), choice of 8 different Modi to begin with.
    1. Stack, Queue (Combinable with Stack via Alchemiter), Array, Tree, Memory, Hash Map (Name changes allowed, a message will come up if you have Detect Collisions on), Miracle, Juju (Requires two players)
    1. Grist & Grist Cache: Grist types will grow in number based on how many players enter a session. Each player will bring 2-5 new types, depending on what they prototype. If the session is void (prototyping cannot occur), 2-5 basic types of grist will be added. If the session is not void, 2-5 specific types of grist will be added.
      1. Starting out: You will have access to blue gushers Build Grist to begin with.
      2. Acquiring: Defeating Underlings, a Gristwidget (turns items into their grist components, will be one of the few items you can make via an Alchemiter that isn’t randomly generated)
      3. Costs: Generic house material will cost 1 Build Grist per 4 blocks. Treasures will cost more and more based on Starbound’s Item Level system.
      4. Example: Level 100 items would cost as much as or, more than likely, more than the Scarlet Ribbitar: http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Bladekind#Scarlet_Ribbitar
    Level 2-6 items such as the Pogohammer (16 BG, 10 Shale) would cost very little.
      1. I imagine a simple way to do costs for combining items would be adding the costs together and dividing it by 3/4ths (Possibly a smaller amount like 3/5ths) the total number of items. Then, optionally, rounding. Example: 16+18+25/(0.75*3)=45.1 repeating. Round down to 45. You’ve gone from a level 2 or 3 item to 6 or 7.
    1. Boondollars: They replace Pixels. That’s all there is to say on the matter.
      1. Dollar(1 One), Bucks(1,000,000 Million), Case(1,000,000,000,000 Trillion), Bond(1,000,000,000,000,000,000 Quintillion), Bank(Not going to bother, but it’s not even a named amount in Homestuck anyway. I assume it’s a Septillion though), Mint(ditto, Nonillion)
    1. Strife Specibus: All items will be under a total of 25(?) different categories, which will fit into this, unless said items would be so worthless in a fight that the specification wouldn’t be allowed (This isn’t canon but it’s realistic for this game).
    1. Strife Deck: Holds all eligible weapons collected.
    1. House: Where the player will spawn. Has a computer, Guardian (not 100% of the time), and room to place Sburb Phernalia.
    1. Computer: Able to run three things. Sburb, a chat client (can be replaced by other in-game way to chat, but seeing as people can cheat via Skype, may as well ignore it and use the game’s default system), and the internet (ENTIRELY OPTIONAL).
    1. Disk acquiring event: The Sburb disks will not be in the player’s sylladex or house
    1. Server UI: Will be able to move around the view of the Client player to any area with 60(?) blocks of where that player has traveled. The Server player will also be able to see (and build up to) the seven Gates by default. Building methods will work the same way as Director Mode (coming out Post Release) but they, obviously, will cost Grist.
    It messed up a little (numbering). Yay. I'll fix that in a bit. No I won't. I'll fix that when I actually have to, when it's completed.

17. turntechGodhead

Oh my god. Relinies. You're such an amazing help in this. I don't even know how to repay you.

18. Relinies

You get the mod made. That's how.

19. turntechGodhead

True enough. SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE.

20. Relinies

I'll have more of the clersterferk done. Afterward, we really need to change the name of it. It'll still be a mess, I suppose. But less of one. You'd be best off thinking of each one as more like a paragraph than anything.