Homestuck Mod/Sburb Gamemode!

Discussion in 'Other' started by turntechGodhead, Nov 10, 2012.

1. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

So Zizou and I were thinking: "Hamsteak". And then we thought, "SBURB GAME MODE". Yes, I/we know there's already a thread on this, BUT WE NEED TO GO [redacted]. It could go like this:
    *Edit: Since I'm lazy and procrastinate a lot, information will be added in waves*
    BEGINNING:
    You start in a randomly generated house, with a procedurally generated Guardian/Lusus. As soon as you start, you would have the quest, "Sburb/Sgrub". It would require you to start up your(in-game) computer, and run Sburb, both Client and Server discs. Then, the game truly begins. So you start doing stuff, and eventually, you must build your CRUXTRUDER. You then activate it. This releases your KERNELSPRITE, which must be prototyped by throwing stuff into it(throw interesting stuff into it, such as your dead Guardian/Lusus, or random flora/fauna around your house!). It also begins a MYSTERIOUS COUNTDOWN, which you must beat. You must create a CRUXITE DOWEL, then carve it with a machine called a TOTEM LATHE. If you check your inventory, you will notice you have a PRE-PUNCHED CARD. You must then deploy an ALCHEMITER. You must then put the carved CRUXITE DOWEL into the ALCHEMITER, then insert the PRE-PUNCHED CARD into a slot in the ALCHEMITER. This creates your CRUXITE ARTIFACT. Use it. You are then transported into the INCINISPHERE. Now everything gets interesting.
    Miiddle:
    (From Zizou, with some editing):So after you enter the Inciphisphere, the planet you were on basically gets destroyed apart from your house, that gets teleported on this new planet, or "land". Lands are based on two randomly generated themes, so the land format is "Land of X and Y(One exception)". In this land you have to reach your Gate.
    From the Wiki: The Seven Gates are located between The Medium and Skaia. In order to reach each gate, the client player's house must be built upwards by the server player. The first gate leads to a location on the player's designated planet, the second leading to the player's server's house on their planet, the third further into the server's planet, fourth on to the server's server's house, and so on
    In every land there's a Consort, or in english language, a main species of villager. These are procedurally generated friendly NPCs. Also, it is filled with many enemy NPCs, who are affected by your prototypings (Check in "Clersterferk"). On arrival, you are given a Mythological Role. This greatly affects your abilities later on. Mythological Roles are divided into Aspects, and Classes. If you have the Class of 'Space', your land will ALWAYS be "Land of X and Frogs".​
    (n0t quite)End:
    After you've built toward (and presumably reached) the SEVENTH GATE, you will arrive on SKAIA. More specifically, THE BATTLEFIELD. Here, your final test stands. You must fight the BLACK KING and/or BLACK QUEEN (Or possibly another in power!), whose powers are greatly augmented by your prototypings (Like the underlings you have seen throughout your playing, simply more powerful. And they have all the prototypings rather than one or two). For most players, the RECKONING will have already begun. This means that the WHITE KING was defeated on the BATTLEFIELD, and his SCEPTER was taken. The meteors of the VEIL will be flying toward SKAIA, or the home of the BATTLEFIELD. SKAIA will redirect as many as possible, a twenty four hour period. Once this time is over, the BATTLEFIELD is destroyed by meteors and the ULTIMATE ALCHEMY cannot take place.
    In other words, hurry up! Defeat the final boss and take back the SCEPTER, and you've won! Simply allow the GENESIS FROG to grow inside the BATTLEFIELD now, and you have completed your job.
    *Ignore first two*
    OTH-ER INFORMATION:

CRUXTRUDER: The first machine that you will place when you start playing. It can produce Cruxite Dowels, and the first time it is used a kernelsprite is released along with it, and a timer is activated. When this timer ends, EVERYONE DIES.
    PUNCH DESIGNIX: The punch designix is a piano-like machine. When you insert a captchalogue card into the slot of the punch designix, it will punch holes into the card, making it unusable. Before you say "well that's fucking useless", read on.
    TOTEM LATHE: By inserting a Cruxite Dowel into the clamps of the totem lathe and a punched card into the slot, the dowel will be carved into a totem that can be used in the Alchemiter. If you put more than one card into the slot, it will create a fusion of the two. So for exaple if you put the punched cards of a computer and glasses, you get the totem of a pair of glasses that is also a computer!
    ALCHEMITER: When you place a carved cruxite dowel on the pad of the alchemiter, it will create the item that the totem "represents"! YAY! The alchemiter can be customized if connected to a jumper block extension.
    JUMPER BLOCK EXTENSION: This machine can only be placed attached to an alchemiter, and will allow you to customize it. You will first have to connect Punch card shunts to it, into which you will insert punched cards, that will alter some functionalities of the alchemiter. So if you insert a microscope, you will be able to resize the item you are alchemizing.
    Info from Relinies:​
    *Ignore first, damn these spoilers*​

1. Player Creation: Each player will create two characters of the same species. They will not necessarily be the same gender, however. The first character made is the one you play first. The second, if needed, will be played after the Scratch.

2. Class and Aspect: Based on short quiz, for first character. All characters afterward can be made freely, except for two. Those two will always have a Space, and then a Time aspect, because these are required to play.
    a. What the Classes mean is not literal (usually). A Prince is an actively destructive character that will take things down directly. A Bard, the Passive opposite of a prince, will take things down quietly, yet just as effectively.
    b. Aspects are affected most by personality. (Aspect = Role, Trait)
    Breath = Wind, Heroic & Unsure of self
    Light = Fortune, Logical
    Time = Time, Causing Shenanigans
    Space = Space, Helpful (Note: Dream self wakes early)
    Mind = Alternate Time/Alternate Mind (Personalities), Randomness/Radicalness
    Heart = Literally Mind/Emotions,
    Life = Healing, Cheerful (Usually)
    Void = ,
    Hope = ,
    Doom = Destruction, Dejectedness/cynical-ness
    Blood = ,
    Rage = Anger, Destructiveness

3. Sylladex: Starts with 8 cards (Memory would double this number, but only 8 could be used to store items), choice of 8 different Modi to begin with.
    a. Stack: Top card accessible only
    Queue: Bottom card accessible only
    Array: Any card accessible, cannot be weaponized.
    Tree: Leaf = top cards only, Root = all items fall out.
    Memory: Pick two cards, hope they are the same.
    Hash Map: Name changes only when Detect Collisions is on,
    Miracle: Absolutely random. Not recommended for first time players.
    Juju: Requires two players, if one dies it is like Array fetch modus.

4. Grist & Grist Cache: Grist types will grow in number based on how many players enter a session. Each player will bring 2-5 new types, depending on what they prototype. If the session is void (prototyping cannot occur), 2-5 basic types of grist will be added. If the session is not void, 2-5 specific types of grist will be added.
    a. Starting out: You will have access to blue gushers Build Grist to begin with.
    b. Acquiring: Defeating Underlings, a Gristwidget (turns items into their grist components, will be one of the few items you can make via an Alchemiter that isn’t randomly generated)
    c. Costs: Generic house material will cost 1 Build Grist per 4 blocks. Treasures will cost more and more based on Starbound’s Item Level system.
    d. Example: Level 100 items would cost as much as or, more than likely, more than the Scarlet Ribbitar: http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Bladekind#Scarlet_Ribbitar
    Level 2-6 items such as the Pogohammer (16 BG, 10 Shale) would cost very little.
    e. I imagine a simple way to do costs for combining items would be adding the costs together and dividing it by 3/4ths (Possibly a smaller amount like 3/5ths) the total number of items. Then, optionally, rounding. Example: 16+18+25/(0.75*3)=45.1 repeating. Round down to 45. You’ve gone from a level 2 or 3 item to 6 or 7.

5. Boondollars: They replace Pixels. That’s all there is to say on the matter.
    a. Dollar(1 One), Bucks(1,000,000 Million), Case(1,000,000,000,000 Trillion), Bond(1,000,000,000,000,000,000 Quintillion), Bank(Not going to bother, but it’s not even a named amount in Homestuck anyway. I assume it’s a Septillion though), Mint(ditto, Nonillion)

6. Strife Specibus: All items will be under a total of 25(?) different categories, which will fit into this, unless said items would be so worthless in a fight that the specification wouldn’t be allowed (This isn’t canon but it’s realistic for this game).

7. Strife Deck: Holds all eligible weapons collected.

8. House: Where the player will spawn. Has a computer, Guardian (not 100% of the time), and room to place Sburb Phernalia.

9. Computer: Able to run three things. Sburb, a chat client (can be replaced by other in-game way to chat, but seeing as people can cheat via Skype, may as well ignore it and use the game’s default system), and the internet (ENTIRELY OPTIONAL).

10. Guardian: Each species will have either a unique or no guardian. All sessions will have a First Guardian, which does not necessarily belong to a player. First Guardians do not necessarily affect the game much at all.

a. First Guardian Creation: In the homes of 2 or more players, there will spawn a mess of a message, composed of 4 distinct characters. These characters, if translated, become a set of genes for the First Guardian. The Guardian will be created on Derse, and sent back to Earth on a meteor. The characters involved in the message do not matter, there must be four and that’s it. MEOWMEOMWOMEOMWOMEOMWEOMEWOMWWWEOMOEW is one example.
    b. Guardians for currently known Species of Starbound
    Humans: Parent
    Apex: 100% Robotic guardian shaped like Apex
    Avians: No known guardian
    Florans: Another Floran, though not necessarily a related one
    Unnamed Aquatic Race: Big shore-dweller (Like Gamzee’s Lusus)
    Unnamed Robotic Race: Robotic Guardian

11.Disk acquiring event: The Sburb disks will not be in the player’s sylladex or house to begin with.

12.Server UI: Will be able to move around the view of the Client player to any area with 60(?) blocks of where that player has traveled. The Server player will also be able to see (and build up to) the seven Gates by default. Building methods will work the same way as Director Mode (coming out Post Release) but they, obviously, will cost Grist.

13. Phernalia Registry: See Zizou’s addition to the thread.

14. Meteors: Some come with labs, some come with houses, and some are just meteors. Naturally, meteors with more will be far larger. Meteors will carry the original set of players and their counterparts to their home planet at the proper time after being created via Ectobiology.

15. Ectobiology: First player to enter an Ectobiology room will not be allowed to leave until they have created themselves. The monitors will be already set to the needed components. If no player enters an Ectobiology room and the Scratch is initiated, you lose on the spot (No, I won’t include Lord English. He’s a threat specific to the storyline of Homestuck, not to all players of Sburb and its variations).

16. Kernelsprite: Comes out of the Cruxtruder when it is first opened, simultaneously starting to show you a countdown to a meteor crash. You can prototype any item with the Kernel assuming the session isn’t void (Your session’s First Guardian will stop you if you have the chance to prototype). Before entering, it looks like a flashy disk. Afterward, it looks more like the item it was prototyped with, but in all one color. If your session is void, the Kernelsprite will not change looks when entering the Medium.

17. Cruxite Artifact: Shaped like an item important to the player (the player cannot choose this item by any means, it’s randomly generated). When broken, used, or whatever command applies to the item, it will bring the Player and their house to the Medium.

18.Planets of the Medium: Upon entering a session, you have access to two things. One, your Class and Aspect is finally known to you (assuming you didn’t choose it beforehand). Two, you are standing on a planet designed based on your class and aspect. The planet is ABSOLUTELY HUGE. It is not infinite, however, to prevent the player becoming overly lost. Above your house, seven Gates can be seen. Below or near your house you can see many things, among them being the Denizen’s palace and various Consorts (assuming they are not gone for some reason).

a. All lands will be named along these lines: Land of ___ and ___
    b. Space players will ALWAYS have a Land of ___ and Frogs
    c. All planets in void sessions will be Land of (grave type) and (Noble Gas)

19.Denizens: Tied to the player’s personal quest. Can be talked to, fought, or traded with. Assuming the player wants to speak, they can earn much more than immediately killing their Denizen. If you attempt to speak to your Denizen too early, they will kill you.

20.Consorts: They have myths about the player based on their Class and Aspect, and can guide the player in minor ways. Some consorts have shops, where Fraymotifs and other random items can be bought. Various factors can leave them dead before the player’s time, however.

21.Fraymotifs: Powerful attacks used simultaneously with music. They can be used alone or with another player, or even a group of players. The player can have three equipped at once: One for themselves, one for one player and one for another (If there is no other, they have two different Fraymotifs one player). They can be swapped out at any time.

22.Gates: The first of the seven gates leads to another part of your planet. The second one leads to the next planet in the cycle (Goes clockwise moving through the session), and so on and so on assuming there are planets to travel to. If there is only one planet so far, the second through sixth gates do nothing. The seventh gate leads to your Denizen’s Palace the first time, and then it can lead to either their Palace or the Battlefield in Skaia. The player can choose here (Yes I know I modified the original setup from Homestuck, but 1. Not every reiteration of the game is the same and 2. It’s easier this way).

23.Prospit: Home of the White Royalty and all Prospit Dreamers. And thousands of Prospitians. Prospit orbits Skaia, and (usually) half of the dream versions of the players (Only those destined to enter the Session) are found here, or more specifically, on the Moon. Those who wake here can look into the clouds of Skaia for prophetic visions, or otherwise important ones.
    a. Prospit is destined to lose in the battle against Derse, and lose the White King’s Scepter. This begins the Reckoning.

24.Derse: Home of the Black Royalty and all Derse Dreamers. And thousands of Dersites. Derse orbits just outside the Veil, and (usually) half of the dream versionsof the players (Only those destined to enter the Session) are found here, or more specifically, on the Moon. Those who wake here can look into the depths of the Furthest Ring (Paradox Space) and “speak” to the creatures out there. The creatures here serve the same function as Skaia’s clouds, telling the player what they need to know. They’re just a little bit more frightening than clouds.
    a. Derse is destined to defeat Prospit on the Battlefield, and the Black Kingor Black Queen will take the White King’s Scepter and begin the Reckoning.

25. The Veil: The last thing making up a session before Derse. See Meteors.

a. The Reckoning: The White King has fallen in battle after at least half of the prototypings have been completed. The meteors of the Veil will begin falling to Skaia, where, for 24 hours, the meteors will be redirected to the Session’s home planet. They will not necessarily fall at the same time period, though the majority will go to the same time as the Reckoning is happening.

26.Skaia: Home of the Battlefield. The clouds around Skaia offer any players who see them a prophetic or otherwise important image. The Battlefield within will grow as Kernelsprites are prototyped.

D--> CONTRIBUTORS:
    turntechGodhead/Zizou: Original Creators
    Relinies: Is best help

2. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

I will probably make it once it comes out.

3. turntechGodhead

Yay.

Who-hoo likes this.
  4. Galactic Mindswipe

Now to only finish Homestuck.

5. turntechGodhead

How far are you?

6. Galactic Mindswipe

GalacticRooster likes this.
  7. I don't know about a whole gamemode, but some sort of reference or allusion would be cool.

8. Galactic Mindswipe

This is supposed to be a mod idea. Or that's what I got out of it. I will make an option in the menu to do this, you pick a character (or make a new one) and do all this stuff.

9. Zizou

Zizou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This my friend is what I was thinking about. I'll pm you more stuff to add :p

10. Galactic Mindswipe

First the game needs to come out. I mean, I need to know how to get around all this shizzle that's being added- all we know about coding is that it's in C++

Also, I know nothing of modding. Time to figure out.

11. Zizou

Nononononono YAGGADITALLWROOONG

Coding is in lua I think

12. Galactic Mindswipe

My bad, the coding LANGUAGE is in C++

13. turntechGodhead

14. Galactic Mindswipe

Now I'm on Act 4.

And once again it confuses me. I guess I just gotta add a sylladex, you getting hit by a meteor, and possibly a multiplayer version. Hmm... And those darn elves.

15. turntechGodhead

Multiplayer is how it's intended, actually.

16. Galactic Mindswipe

I know. But still, there a those forever alone people. Actually, it'd be better as multiplayer. Host and Player...

17. turntechGodhead

That'd be true.

18. Zizou

Ok, updort the top thingy post.

19. timaeusTestified

timaeusTestified Void-Bound Voyager

This sounds like a freaking amazing idea. Good jegus this will be awesome. Now, I'm just patiently waiting for two things: Starbound, and for Hussie to updoot Homestuck.

20. turntechGodhead

Bro?