Homestuck Clan Thread: 8^y (where y=8)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

I got beta access to Nosgoth.
    Anyone else have it?

2. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

And to your left you'll see a video that was created ages ago
    Many people have taken to nicknaming this piece "Oldest Old" or "Old as Dong"

3. My mom sent me pictures of a ferret up for adoption and then told me I couldn't get it.
    y this

4. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

"Look at how cute this little guy is~ Too bad you can't have it! >:D"

5. After a slight amount of begging she said it was alright, but I doubt I'll get my dad on board. He's like, vehemently anti-ferret for some reason.
    He keeps suggesting I get turtles again, which I wouldn't mind at all (I like turtles), but... Ferret.

6. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

I kinda want ferrets, but I have three cats, one of which is roughly twice the size of an average cat

EDIT: Here is the large cat on a cat bed
    IMG_0084.JPG

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  7. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

I have discovered the perfect corruption method for Super Mario World
    9/10 corruptions are hilariously broken

Start byte has to be a multiple of 1000, I've tested 9000 and 10000
    Turn on Auto End
    Corrupt every 1429 bytes THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
    And feel free to change anything else you like in the settings afterward. Add and subtract bytes, shift them left and right, replace particular values. The third one is usually the most stable, but also the most boring.
    I was using snes9x, the SMW from Coolrom, and Vinesauce's corruptor.

CorruptedROM062.png CorruptedROM063.png CorruptedROM078.png CorruptedROM064.png CorruptedROM066.png CorruptedROM077.png CorruptedROM079.png CorruptedROM096.png CorruptedROM085.png CorruptedROM106.png CorruptedROM097.png CorruptedROM114.png CorruptedROM194.png CorruptedROM125.png CorruptedROM160.png CorruptedROM157.png CorruptedROM185.png CorruptedROM182.png CorruptedROM200.png CorruptedROM199.png CorruptedROM201.png CorruptedROM210.png CorruptedROM206.png CorruptedROM226.png
    So for the most part, these levels are navigable (the ones without a UI were actually crash screens, not levels), but graphically shattered. It doesn't crash particularly often, but there are a few conditions that I'll list
    1. After "Nintendo Presents," nothing happens
    2. Black screen where something would have normally loaded up
    3. Flashing screen
    4. Sound disappearing entirely means you'll crash on the next loading screen almost every time
    5. When you load into the map and turn to a level other than Yoshi's house, sometimes the game will kerplode.
    6. This isn't technically a crash, but it does bring the game to a halt. If you go into a level and end up in the Bonus Stage, the game won't end. You'll have to reload.
    These are the crashes I encountered most often. They weren't particularly common, compared to "working" corruptions
    EDIT: I forgot one thing. Set up hotkeys for savestates. You may not crash often, but you will be killed a lot trying to navigate the broken levels.

8. Crimms

Crimms Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I will try to find at least 5 minutes to sneak a reply or a read every now and then. =j

I'm sorry Shark, with any luck I'll continue to pop in here and there. Plus I'll try to make time for some TF2 whenever I can spare (mostly nights, tho)

Thanks, both of you.

9. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  10. We're going back home, by the way. Hopefully I'll be back in around four hours.

11. Relinies

12. Relinies

C'mon guys post things :(

13. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

14. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

goodbye friends
    i am going on vacation for 2 weeks