1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Hole Drills 0.9.2

A drill on a rope. It digs a hole.

1. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

Great idea, I'm about to try it out.

One thing though, it seems you have put it in tier3 (the recipie) but in the player file you place it as tier4

Is that intentional ?

2. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Nah I just noticed that. It technically makes no difference though, the recipe is still learned at tier4. But I'll change it.

3. Shadewarp

Actually it does :) If you create a new character it's fine, but if you add this to an existing character (not using tabula rasa) you will need to defeat the dragon again... :)

4. Healthire

Yeah I mean it's supposed to be tier4, since that's when you get the recipe for the drills, but it doesn't matter that the recipe file is in the tier3 folder and not the tier4 folder.

You don't actually have to defeat the the dragon again, just use the Starmap Upgrade for tier 4. Which is still a problem but I prefer to keep the recipe this way rather than have it be learned from picking up an object.

Also that reminds me to add tabula rasa compatibility, thanks!

5. Shadewarp

The tier 4 starmap upgrade is consumed when used :) So you will have to defeat the dragon - I just edited it for my existing character to be tier 3, was easier to do :/

Most welcome! :)

6. Healthire

Oh is the tier 4 starmap dropped by the dragon? I thought it was crafted after recieving some item. That's a bit of a bother. Maybe I should make the recipes learned when you pick up the drill then.

Shadewarp likes this.
  7. Shadewarp

The dragon drops the item you need to craft tier 4 :)

But yeah, that would actually make a lot more sense overall :)

8. Etherdreamer

Etherdreamer Phantasmal Quasar

Someone can tell why recipe don´t appear in the robotic table? (yes I killed again the Dragon for it and remade the Mk4 nothings appear.

9. Shadewarp

It should, but I would recomend you went to the mods directory, and edited the player.config: change where it says tier4 to tier3, and remake the tier3 starmap upgrade - not sure but I think it means something that it is in the wrong dir.

10. JuggerXP

JuggerXP Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing mod! But can someone help me with a problem - how do you install it? I tried extracting the folder, placing it and coping the files from it into the mods folder, but the Hole Drill does not appear in the game :( I will be very thankful, if you will help me. Thanks again.

11. Etherdreamer

I forgot mention I do that too. but never mind, I do a extra character, and used the creative mod. Weird enough, this time works perfectly the drill is there.

EDIT: I guess you have this in plans, but also big drills are expected.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Shadewarp likes this.
  12. Shadewarp

You need to re-make the tier4 starmap, the dragon bone - before it shows up for existing characters

13. Etherdreamer

After using a bit in a zone the drill, the stuff falls in the pit you just dig ><

Maybe a container for store the resources could help with this or, the first line must be not digged so the stuff don´t falls in the pit.

14. Shadewarp

Author is working on the function, that you need to press "E" when the drill is done - that way you don't loose anything

15. Healthire

Healthire updated Hole Drill with a new update entry:

Big update, version 0.8, close to finished

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shadewarp and Etherdreamer like this.
  16. JuggerXP

JuggerXP Void-Bound Voyager

Just an idea - maybe it would be cool to be able to stand on a drill and go down and up on it?

17. Healthire

I would love to do that, unfortunately it's quite impossible atm.

18. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Nice mod. Couple of questions, though.

Have you thought of adding improvements to the drills that allow you to dig deeper with them? Say...take the 'owned' drill and add more chains to it so that it'll go deeper, etc. Could have it add a new crafted item you use with each new recipe so that the drill can withstand the difficulties of digging deeper on a chain. Links, improvements to the drill to 'stabilize' it, stuff like that.

Also, will there be 'better' drills that "drill with such force" that they actually drill say...a 5x5 hole as the adjacent side walls come down around it as it goes down?

I like the idea of having them be powered as someone mentioned before...maybe have them require electricity or, as they also said...simply have it use the 'fuel' menu.

19. Partack

Partack Astral Cartographer

Hay dude, just wanted to say, awesome update. I love the little flags you added =D

Well done =D

Edit: ohgah, I just realised that you're the one that made the auto defense turret. no wonder this drill and its code is high quality. :rofl:

20. Shadewarp

Just for the looks, it could be nice if the frame were different the higher the tier? Maybe a steel frame for the silver? And titanium for the diamond?

Partack likes this.