1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Hoe Problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chukkaque, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Chukkaque

Chukkaque Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using an After Glow controller while I play, but occasionally I use the right thumb stick to click on things in the menu. Sometimes when this happens and I'm using the hoe its detection gets all weird. When using my gold hoe, I'll charge up and it shows the area in front of me and the action happens but it executes a full square, sometimes 2, below my avatar. The only fix I've found for this is resetting the game. The same issue occurs when trying to plant seeds, but that will go all over the place instead of directly below. 2 square forward and 2 up, 2 squares forward, its just weird.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, all the time while playing with a Xbox 360 controller. The issue is that the mouse cursor is still on screen, just hidden. The game is still reading it and it's still affecting hit placement. I've found moving it off screen to help. It would be nice to see the mouse pointer lose focus while a controller is connected.

Chukkaque likes this.
      • Chukkaque

Chukkaque Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, yeah I thought that might be the issue and I tried moving my mouse and such, but it kept happening. I've gotten to the point where when I launch the game I throw my mouse away, figuratively of course.

nevyn21 likes this.