Modding Help Hitbox for custom race

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Liliathe, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Liliathe

Liliathe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi ,
    So recently i decided to try to play Arachne race with addon called "Arachne Wider Hitbox".
    Everything would be great by I found that this "bigger" hitbox make much more easier to get stuck.
    if move forward to block that is on character face/chest level and then turn around we won't be able to move.
    So I tried to fix it by editing numbers in arachnerace/stats/effect/arachnehitbox/arachnehitbox.statuseffect but I don't know which of numbers actually modify head/chest hitbox. So i wanted to ask if somebody could explain me how i should fix that hitbox?
    On the pictures is presented what I exatly meaned by "stuck" dwd.jpg

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, so by "stuck" you don't actually mean that your character can't move, yes? Just that it appears behind some of the tiles.

I would assume (though I have not tested it yet), that "movementParameters" (for facing right) and "movementParameters2" (for facing left) are the ones that you'd want to change.
    If you are admin, you can use the command "/debug" to see your character's hitbox ingame. Using that, you could see what effect your changes are having (if any).