RELEASED Hilltop-Forest (Foraging Map Edit) Fixed Stray Tile

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Minnue, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

UPDATE 10/16
    • New version uploaded to nexus featuring:
    • Fix the bush clipping on cliff (hopefully) by replacing with a spawning bush instead of png tile.
    • Fix the stray tiles found south of the secret forest.
    -

Hello all! I had trouble deciding between hill-top and the forest map after experimenting with both so I decided to just recreate the two in a combined form! The base of the map is the Foraging map because I prefer the hardwood/random forage spawn more than the cliff.

Credit to @AngryCat for the original removal of all the ponds!
    You can check out their map edits here: AngryCat Dry Farm Mods

Credit @eemie for all the grass/map edits I'm using in the screenshots
    You can check out their mods here: Eemie Medieval Mods

Download here: Foraging Map Edit Download

**If there are ANY issues that you find please let me know, this is the public version of the edit as I made a custom one just for myself, so there may be some places where the changes I made may cause errors like clipping, etc!

The map features the following:
    • Re-created hilltop located directly outside of house, aligned with the house entry/exit walkway. Includes slight overhanging hedge for blending effect. (This hill is one tile smaller than the one found on the hill-top farm)
    • Separated the main farm land into two segments using new cliff to allow better planning for various farm aspects (i.e. area for animals and area for crops, etc)
    • Removed almost all original water sources except for bottom right pond.
    • Added NEW water sources located in the following areas: behind house in little grove, inside the hedge looking above the bottom left of the farm.
    • Added "secret" pathway showcase 2 tile-wide pathway into the new pond and allows easier access between all the hard wood. Easily found with added stone path on top entry, sign post on bottom entry.
    • Made the entire farm greener
    • Cave covered with door just to be pretty
    Technical things you should know if you plan to use this mod:
    • All three available water sources allow for fishing.
    • The LIGHTER grass is all tillable, including the animated leaf or "clover" tiles.
    • The DARKER grass is non-tillable and will remain that way, I may provide a version in the future that changes this.
    • Animated Flower Tiles can be built on or tilled but cannot home trees, they are no spawn, this is the only tile with this restriction that I'm currently aware of.
    • [IMPORTANT] The way map edits work in terms of the paths or "spawning" items is that they are placed initially and even if you add a new map edit with different path layouts it won't change. This might directly affect your use of my map because I have removed bushes that aren't located on darker green grass/lumber areas for the sake of farming purposes. I believe they can be destroyed but understand that if there are things in the examples that you see are different in terms of bushes, forage, rocks, etc. I can't really help you. This also means if you just use this over a current save and there is stuff on one of the hill areas, you need to clear it BEFORE then or use a map editor.
    Screenshots, more available @ download page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
      HisMemory, Karmylla, Rosalie and 12 others like this.
    • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It looks hella good! I'm so proud of you

Minnue likes this.
      • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Thank you friend :')

eemie likes this.
        • DuosAngel

DuosAngel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes! I've been waiting for you to post this! I was in the same boat as you, couldn't choose between forest and hill top. This map is a dream come true!

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

I'm glad that you like it! Those two maps definitely has such complimenting elements so it was fun to make :)

• Takikun

Takikun Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome mod i'm using it on my main save. Nonetheless you should take a look at this weird tile :
              [​IMG]

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

I've uploaded a fixed version to nexus!

Takikun and eemie like this.
                • Takikun

Takikun Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing, thanks !

• dreamcast3r

dreamcast3r Void-Bound Voyager

Started a new game with your map and I'm loving it so far since I couldn't decide which map to go for either. Found a tiny bug with the map, nothing serious, just funny looking xD

[​IMG]

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Ahh thanks for that. I haven't been able to afford buildings yet so I wasn't sure if there would be clipping over there I'll have a look at it once I get to my computer!

• hpeinar

hpeinar Void-Bound Voyager

Minnue likes this.
                      • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Much obliged!

• mttakspy

mttakspy Void-Bound Voyager

please, change color with Foraging Map same this map X3<3

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I have a question! If you rename the file to replace the hilltop farm instead of the forage farm, would the map still work? Also wondering if the bottom area can have more grass growing so I can keep the animals there.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
                            • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The change of colour is a different mod. It will work for every farm type.

• mttakspy

mttakspy Void-Bound Voyager

thankyou!!<3<3

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

What did you mean by more grass growing exactly? If you mean the initial spawn unfortunately I can't change that once your save is edited but the way the tiles work is that grass should spread on anything that is the normal green grass.

Oh and I don't think it works like that considering each type of farm has some parts hard-coded so it might break it in terms of rocks spawning, etc.
                                  I am working on a new mining map but that won't be done for another week or two.

Declension likes this.
                                  • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

Understood. I love this map but I love the forest map too much to change it. Always wanted hilltop 'hills' but still have the forest theme going on haha. I will look forward to your next map! And I might go and see if my idea breaks the game or not :'D

• kingjoshington

kingjoshington Void-Bound Voyager

Is this still a thing? The map looks great but it hasn't been updated over on Nexus and some people are talking about a few clipping issues ...

• tinywolves

tinywolves Seal Broken

Could someone, anyone release a version of forest map with green instead of dirt. I don't want the other changes this map has just dirt = green. I will lub u forever