Higher-tier Matter Manipulaters

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Platoonsgt1, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Platoonsgt1

Platoonsgt1 Big Damn Hero

In an attempt to create better versions of these tools, I have stumbled onto a small issue, there is no tiledamage variable available to the tool type, beamaxe. While I could base the tools off of firetime alone, it would be preferable to have access to both firetime and tiledamage to create a larger variety of tools.

With pickaxes, I am able to create a pickaxe which swings quickly, but has to hit many times for stronger tiles (Good for dirt etc...), and also create a pickaxe which takes ages to hit, but removes most tiles in 1-2 hits, and affects a larger area. What I'm trying to do is create a beamaxe-type tool (like the matter manipulator) which is able to be customized in such a way.

What I'm basically trying to make, is a set of pickaxe tools with varying stats, which have the appearance of the matter manipulator, including the particle efffects between the tool and the targeted block.

Edit: laserminer.miningtool is of no use, it just has a fancy sprite, which does not replicate what I'm trying to do.

2. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This stat changes the tick speed for each bit of damage. Would definitely be nice to have more properties on the .beamaxe filetype though.
    Code:
      "fireTime" : 0.25,