1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help higher bandwidth than modded Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SigmaFenerox, May 23, 2022.

1. SigmaFenerox

SigmaFenerox Void-Bound Voyager

Hello call me Rapture. You see, I got a friend who I played with in the past and he lagged like a beast. I had over 300 mods back then. I wanna invite him again and have reduced the modcount to 125 and wanna know if it'll work. One thing I know a out the my friend is that he is in a rather poor country and cannot afford good wifi. He said that it could be the mods causing the issue so I want an opinion from the community. Plz note that I will find it hard to post here due to reasons but I will still be able to see. I posted here because I'm linking this issue to mods and it's a multiplayer issue.

The reason I named it this is because I have more mods on Minecraft and he is fine yet here on Starbound he can't

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Which multiplayer method are you using? Discord id, steam multiplayer or direct ip connection while connecting to a ingame multiplayer session or are you hosting a dedicated server and connect to this one?
    Also its hard to tell by the amount of mods regarding the bandwith because mods adds different amounts of assets and functionality which can affect the bandwith more or less depending on the amount of stuff thats going on in the area.

If you're not hosting a dedicated server I'd personally recommend trying one out. It's normally better than joining a ingame session tho co-op with direct ip connection works pretty well too.
    FYI: A direct connection or a dedicated server (given the location the server is hosted) most likely requires some portforwarding to set up.