1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden pet friendship meter? [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tyle, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Heyo guys, I've been playing the game for nearly a year now and it recently comes to me that my pet Lumoth likes to sprout hearts on a regular basis whenever it(he?she?) follows me.

ss+(2017-09-10+at+06.11.47).png

I'm not complaining; I love this a LOT. Just wondering if this is a common thing to everyone. I've been keeping Lumoth active with me since I caught it and only switch to others on very rare occasions. Will all pets do the same providing you've spent time with them long enough? (cause sometimes I switch to a Kluex Sentry which doesn't sprout hearts - could be a 'I'm a tomb guardian, I'm not supposed to feel' thing tho :u)

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

That would make sense (and be cute as hellX3)

3. The Warpsmith

The Warpsmith Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure it actually increases as I got a Fennix and equipped it with the Oblivious collar and noticed the heart the 1st time I summoned it. I think it might be based on pet type though as you suspect, considering some creatures aren't exactly...sentient

4. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Ah, right. I forgot to mention the fact that Lumoth is also equipped with oblivious collar for convenient purposes. Could this be an added effect of the collar?

5. The Warpsmith

The Warpsmith Void-Bound Voyager

I think so since it technically modifies the creature to be like your ship pet (albeit not invincible against environmental damage like lava)

6. Laida

Laida Void-Bound Voyager

God, I know this doesn´t have to do almost anything with your question, but your character is the most cute and fashion one I´ve ever seen, so congratulations.

Tyle likes this.
  7. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Thanks man! For your reference, Handie's 'minidress' is composed of (obviously) the Protectorate T-shirt and Macaw leggings, both pink-dyed.
    Guess it's settled then, the affection hearts come from oblivious collar's effect. Thanks for everyone's help! Somebody outta note this on the wiki.