Hi, everyone! :D

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Starlight, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Starlight

Starlight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! I just signed up the other day and I've been lurking around a little bit to get a feel for the place, so I decided I should finally introduce myself. C:

I'm Starlight and I'm a cheerful college student that aspires to do many things. Starbound caught my eye because I just love astronomy and anything that has to do with space. I'd become a quantum physicist or a cosmologist if I weren't so horrendously terrible at math (I bite at it, seriously). :C! But I also love video games (particularly older ones for SNES and N64!) and Japanese shōjo animation/comics from the 40's to early 90's. I'm a sucker for the classics. x) I'm also excited to hear about all the customization that will be offered by Starbound because I like to draw as a hobby and I'm a part-time wedding/birthday cake decorator (suddenly I'm hungry for sweets). :9 I missed the monster contest, but hopefully I'll be able to take part in future ones!

Anyway! Wrapping it all up, I'm a happy person and I'd love to make some friends on here (I don't know anyone!). Please feel free to message me if we have similar interests or you'd just like to talk! Cx I have to admit that I don't know much about clans and that sort of thing (usually I solo it in MMO's... ;; ), but I was interested in getting involved in it if some kind soul has the patience to teach/introduce me.

2. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

haiiii and welcome to the forum!

3. Starlight

Thanks very much! :D

4. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Greetings if you ever need anything just private message me or anyone here where rather friendly community.

Starlight likes this.
  5. Starlight

Thank you, I appreciate that! It's been a pleasant experience so far. C:

6. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

Welcome Starlight! Saw you before on the irc ;D
    I also am a "bit" of an Japanese animation/comic fan, maybe not of shojo (but I still read/watch those).
    Also I hate math.
    Hope you will enjoy your time here :3
    If you have any questions then feel free to pm me or the moderators ^^

7. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome to the forums! I hate math. But I have so much free time in it...I actually have a thread in the art section of where I put my drawings I do in math class...
    We can be friends, if you'd like! You can ask me any questions and I'll tell you what I know, but...I am quite intimidated by our age difference...
    I'm a seventh grader :p

8. ToxicArcher

ToxicArcher Aquatic Astronaut

welcome 2 the forumz c:
    dont step in ma landmines

:poo:

Narutoman likes this.
  9. Welcome! and make sure to be nice to the Space Hobos, and don't touch them, they are a bit germy....
    Anyways, have a nice time and Post nicly :D
    PS ~ I am taking Astronomy in 12th grade, so that will be fun :D

10. Starlight

Thank you! And yes, I did pop in on the IRC for a few minutes but no one was talking and I was too shy to, haha. /facepalm
    I appreciate the offer. c: <3

11. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

Welcome hope your time on the forums is a good one! I hope I would be some try answering your questions if you have any to the best of my abilities! PS I am sorry to say but math is probibly my favorite subject, its realy the only one that comes easy to me lol.:laugh: I hope we can still be friends though!

12. Starlight

LOL I won't, thanks for the warning.

I'll be wary of the space hobos! 8| ! And thank you!
    I wish I had taken astronomy in high school, but my math was never good enough to get me in those science classes. B|

Thank you for the offer! :love: Rofl, and oh man, I'm jealous of your math skills. I'd love to be able to do it but I just can't! Cx

Thanks! I'll have to go check out your drawings! I hate math too, I always doodled in that class as well. :p
    And awwh, don't be intimidated. I have a lot of younger friends on various websites, so it's all cool with me. c: Nice to meet you!

13. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

If you need help on math though I am not the best person to go to because I am not very good at teaching people though just to warn ya plus I am only in high school I am guessing it is alot harder in college.

14. Starlight

Haha, that's alright! I'll manage somehow. I'm sure you're still a lot better at it than me; my college math class is "Review of Math Fundamentals." *Facepalm* !

15. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

Hello and welcome to the Forums, Starlight! As was said above, feel free to send me a message if you need anything! I hope that Starbound fulfills all of your expectations of it!

16. Helios026

Helios026 Void-Bound Voyager

Hiya starlight and welcome to the forums!