1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi all

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by chimp123, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimp123

chimp123 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there goin to be a alfa version to play before beta version this game seems like it goin to be great hope ypu be able to grow crops and that be cool and is it only goin to be 2 player co-op or a huge amount of players to travel to and find thank you

2. Kewlan

Kewlan Star Wrangler

From what I heard there will be a beta but no alpha, and the player hosting his server will be able to choose how many people he want to be able to join. :)

3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I thought 'alpha' was already happening, but it's closed so we don't get access. :s

4. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Isn't this current closed stage of development the alpha?
    They said that if and when they choose beta testers, "they'll be people who've participated in the community the longest."
    i.e. the beta will be closed if it even happens/is available to external testers.
    The amount of players you can have is dependant on the server's performance. Oh, by the way, you'll be able to do so much more than grow crops.
    (Wait, has that been confirmed yet, growing crops?)

5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

The utter lack of spelling and grammar made me die a little inside.

6. Kewlan

Kewlan Star Wrangler

Whatever. You don't immediately know all about grammar, and he'll probably learn it some day. So deal with it.

7. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

When someone complains about grammar before I do, I die a little inside. :p (not really, although when I do correct people I usually fail somewhere myself then i get corrected, its like a paradox. :speechless: xP)
    Welcome to the forums young padawan. ;)

8. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

There's no point in arguing about grammar and such. What's important is that you can understand what is typed, and if you can, then just leave it be and stay on topic.

Aviakio likes this.
  9. Alpha testing is happening "in-house" (i.e. by Chucklefish themselves).

TheEnderman likes this.
  10. chimp123

chimp123 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi sorry about my spelling thank you for the replys

Aviakio likes this.
  11. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Alpha tests only involve people who are developing the game, Betas involve people who are not involved in the project in any way previously. Minecraft's Alpha was handled in a different way by letting other people in.

12. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome to the forums! Alpha is already taking in place as we speak! Can't wait to get our " 'Bound on!"
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.