1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey, My name is Tim, Here I will ask some questions and hope for some answers :)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by razertim, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razertim

razertim Tentacle Wrangler

Hello, My name is Tim.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let me start by introducing myself, I'm 15, and a gamer.
    I've played games that have some thing to relate to this game when it comes to content.
    All though it would not be counted as beta testing, I have been playing minecraft ever since In-Dev.
    Terraria before alpha (Leaked :( Yes I know :( ) Once released I bought, and bought copies for 2 of my friends.
    Overwolf, Since Beta, But I do not use it.
    I have hosted servers on Minecraft and Terraria and I hope, Soon to be Star Bound!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now let me get to know this games, You don't have to answer, But I would enjoy it.
    And I will update this thread.
    Question : How will people be selected for beta testing? A logic method of watching who post most? Or must we come to the devs attention some how to be chosen? Any advice?
    Answer : Just be active, that's it. The developers will pick the community members who are active and people who help the community. (LemonRobot)

Question : When can I expect to get this game in my hand, And how?
    Answer : I remember somebody saying in the summer(not for sure, but an estimate), and we know it's going through Steam for sure. (LemonRobot)

Question : As far as multiplayer goes, How many people will work on 1 server?
    Answer : The List of Announced Game Info says "Servers will be able to hold as many players as it can based on its power, and internet speed." (Kiofspa)

Question : What language is this game coded in? (C++, Java, etc...)
    Answer : It's coded in C++, the faq on the website says. (Kiofspa)

Question : Is there a guess on what the price will be? And what Method? (Monthly, F2P, F2P With Bought items, 1 time?)
    Answer : It could be anywhere between $10-$30 I'd say, but it hasn't been confirmed. What has been confirmed is that Tiy hates microtransactions and it will be a one time purchase. (Kiofspa)

Question : How does breaking and placing blocks stand? Will this be in the game?
    Answer : Block by block building will definitely be in the game, here's a quote from the IRC live chat: (Kiofspa)
    Question : Do the game coders have anything besides starbound to show for their abilities?
    Answer :Well, Tiy worked on Terraria, but for the rest of the team, this is their first game. (Breather)

Question : Will there ever be an ability to play with a controller, or play on an Console?
    Answer : From the FAQ: After the PC release we’ll see how viable a console release is, we’d love for as many people to get their hands on the game as possible. (PNSAforce)

Question : I understand Tiy used to work with Re-Logic, Tiy, Was Terraria an inspiration to I believe is your project.
    Answer : ________________________________________________________________________________

Question : As far as crafting goes, Will we have something closer to Minecraft's Place items into a blueprint, or terraria's method of just having them in our inventory and going to a workbench?
    Answer : ________________________________________________________________________________

Question : How will mapping be laid out? In terms of size.

Question : What is the estimated size and game completion?

Question : How will flashlights be in Multiplayer, Server based, or Client Sided?

I will continue to add questions when I feel needed, and add the answers in the
    spot.

2. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

I cannot answer all of them, but I'll answer the ones I know.

Question : How will people be selected for beta testing? A logic method of watching who post most? Or must we come to the devs attention some how to be chosen? Any advice?
    Answer : Just be active, that's it. The developers will pick the community members who are active and people who help the community.

Question : When can I expect to get this game in my hand, And how?
    Answer : I remember somebody saying in the summer(not for sure, but an estimate), and we know it's going through Steam for sure.

Also, welcome to the forums Tim! (Also, I know there are answers for your other questions, I don't know if you'll have answers for all of them, but I'm sure other members know.)

razertim likes this.
  3. razertim

Thank you for your reply.
    And anything helps! :)

(Post Updated)

LemonRobot likes this.
  4. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Question : How does breaking and placing blocks stand? Will this be in the game?
    Answer : Block by block building will definitely be in the game, here's a quote from the IRC live chat:

<@Tiy> our building system is really streamlined
    <@Tiy> if youre holding a block, left click places it in the foreground
    <@Tiy> right click places it in the background

Question : What language is this game coded in? (C++, Java, etc...)
    Answer : It's coded in C++, the faq on the website says.

Question : Is there a guess on what the price will be? And what Method? (Monthly, F2P, F2P With Bought items, 1 time?)
    Answer : It could be anywhere between $10-$30 I'd say, but it hasn't been confirmed. What has been confirmed is that Tiy hates microtransactions and it will be a one time purchase.

Question : As far as multiplayer goes, How many people will work on 1 server?
    Answer : The List of Announced Game Info says "Servers will be able to hold as many players as it can based on its power, and internet speed."

razertim likes this.
  5. razertim

Thank you for your contribution to my thread, I really appreciate it.

Aviakio likes this.
  6. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Question : Do the game coders have anything besides starbound to show for their abilities?
    Answer : Well, Tiy worked on Terraria, but for the rest of the team, this is their first game.

razertim likes this.
  7. razertim

Thank you Breather for your answer!
    You put a smile on my face :)

::Topic Updated::

8. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

Question : Will there ever be an ability to play with a controller, or play on an Console?
    Answer : From the FAQ: After the PC release we’ll see how viable a console release is, we’d love for as many people to get their hands on the game as possible.

razertim likes this.
  9. razertim

Thank you for you're reply PNSA

10. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dude this is really legit! I love it ^.^ Looks beastly and helps me answer any of my questions!
    [​IMG]
    Question: Will we be able to ride this?
    Answer: Yup!:whistle:

11. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Your right about the release date, but being active has nothing too do with getting into the Beta, it's people who give to the community. (your second point).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.