Building/Ship Hey guys, need your help

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by fiscure1, Mar 27, 2016.

1. fiscure1

fiscure1 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys. I was building my settlement when I had the idea of building a 'outpost style' castle of sorts. I've built the towers for both sides and then i got stuck on ideas for the middle section (as you can see from the picture), and i was hoping you guys would be able to help me out. I wanna keep it outpost themed for this one.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Well, the best way to build is with a purpose to the build. So what is the little castle going to be used for? Storage, crafting, science, tenants, farming? Once we have the purpose, then we can determine what to build

TheFloranChef likes this.
  3. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

A castle needs cellars. And an armory. You have the beds, but the soldiers will die from starvation or heart diseases without a mess hall and a kitchen, too. Last, but not least, Outpost style bases sure demand a landing pad.

4. fiscure1

Well the towers on the side are for tenants and im not sure about the middle, maybe science?

How on earth would i build a landing pad and make it look good?

5. Pedro Falcão

Good question. I never tried one myself, but that's the fun in building things in Starbound: building things you didn't know could be built and actually having them look nice. SivCorp did make a ship here, but no landing pad, and I'm sure there's at least one other example in my "SB Examples" folder, but try building one for yourself! Look up real life images on google, then if you're still not sure try finding minecraft/terraria examples too. By then you should have some idea to at least start, and if you start, the ideas just keep flowing!

TheFloranChef likes this.
  6. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

As long as you don't need to park some interplanetary destroyer on it, maybe something like this could work.
    2016-01-30_00002.jpg

Pedro Falcão and TheFloranChef like this.
  7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Maybe a laboratory?

8. Pedro Falcão

That's the exact one I mentioned that was in my "SB Examples" folder.
    PS.: Hope you don't mind me using it as example, it's just for my personal use, anyways...

9. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Not at all, looking at what other people have come up with and adapting it to your own style is just part of growing as a builder. Plus I'll admit to it being a little flattering that people think something I've built is worth using as an example. :DD

10. fiscure1

Well thank you all for your suggestions. Please feel free to add more, I'm still build the settlement and could expand it even further with all of the suggestions so far.
    :party::headbanging::DD

11. fiscure1

And on a side note what would be a good block to use as a pathway between buildings?

12. Pedro Falcão

13. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I prefer natural pathways, or glass tunnels/skywalks between buildings.