1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Here be Dragons! Stable - SGu5

Fully working old-school bone dragon boss! - Spirited /Pleased Giraffe

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao submitted a new mod:

Here be Dragons! - Fully working old-school bone dragon boss!

Read more about this mod...

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Why do some people seem obsessed with re-implementing things from Enraged Koala which were removed because they are going to be improved upon and re-introduced at a later date? Bloody hell, the bosses from Enraged Koala were not even remotely interesting to fight, especially the Bone Dragon - it was such an easy fight. :wut:

3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

sure it's not a very interesting fight - wear weak gear and it can be challenging, but not interesting :D
    same with current giraffe bosses .. can be challenging, but not interesting :p

the dragon assets still existed, but were broken .. so why not revive it?
    this made a good challenge.. could I fix it? obviously.. yes ;)
    something to kill time with and use resources while waiting for 'a later date'

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Boshed and MrChow like this.
  4. Mackinz

All the current bosses are challenging at their tier level, and they are most certainly interesting. At least, far more interesting than Enraged Koala bosses were, because the old ones had no depth whatsoever - they simply existed to be bullet sponges. Now each boss requires strategy.

Simply put? It was wholly unnecessary. Just like Dreadwing was updated, and Short Circuit became Shockhopper Mk 1, Bone Dragon will be renovated into something that fits Starbound far better. This mod is solely for impatient people who apparently adored the under-developed boss fights from Enraged Koala... for some reason.

5. Boshed

Boshed Cosmic Narwhal

Dude, if you don't like something there is no reason to hate on it and be passive aggressive like this, just leave the author to it, no need to be a douche towards him/the people who download this mod. What is considered unnecessary is totally upto the author

Practice what you preach :lod:

LoPhatKao and MrChow like this.
  6. Mackinz

The thing is, I was not attempting to be a douche towards LoPhatKao. In fact, if he actually restored the AI for the Bone Dragon, good for him. I just don't see the need for it - paying attention to news regarding Starbound would make it clear that "restoring" bosses like this is an exercise in futility because the two remaining "removed" bosses will be making a comeback eventually. Not once, to my knowledge, have I tried to be a douce to LPK beyond making my opinion about "nostalgia" works known.

Also, MrChow, I am have not "gone complete jerk-ass". Don't randomly insult me because you cannot stand someone with a differing opinion regarding "outdated" content.