Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

It's snowed a few times here already but today was warm enough to not even need a hoodie. y u do dis weather?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, it's raining hard and thunder storm here. I oddly like the current weather I am having, and I am so excited every time there is a thunder (normally others would cover their ears or scream).

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Hey y'all, I want to sketch something but I don't have any ideas, so give me an animal or something and I can try to draw it :catsmile:

Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  4. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

How about a bluejay?

Jimlad 42 and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  5. Daikon Ocelot

Animal? Hmm, kangaroo mouse?

Jimlad 42 and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  6. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

I don't know the name of a creature I saw on pics occasionally, it's head looks something like this:

cr.jpg
    Would like to see more of it

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Firebird Zoom

You mean Avali?

Jimlad 42 and icegriffon like this.
  8. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

No I do not believe so. That creature looked like a squirrel, or otter or something. Something from a game or a cartoon\anime maybe.

Avali do look very similar though. Maybe I just saw an "animalistic" Avali version - not sentient, but with their head looking very alike, if not the same...
    I could tell better if I even remembered where I saw it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the good tip - Avali look nice enough for me.

Yep, found this googling for "Avali". I guess it was it after all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

Day 6 of being jobless (again), my stomach constantly hurts and I'm getting tired of the bathroom trips. I am functioning off of 4 hours of sleep, I was awake for 19 hours before finally managing to fall asleep for a little bit, though typing this sentence I'm realizing I might not be functioning at all.

I have all the time in the world right now yet I still have zero motivation to do anything productive like learning a new skill or practice 3d modeling and drawing.

So instead I'm finally going to show the inner workings of my profile icon via a screenshot even though nobody asked to see how it was made.

upload_2020-12-4_16-59-53.png

edit: noticed that the names of the wings are wrong, looks like even past me is an idiot who can't tell left from right.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Directions are hard. I'm still trying to figure out which way weast is. Heard that way's generally the solution to all life's problems, but I just keep ending up in the middle of nowhere.

11. Daikon Ocelot

Life is like an endless space, and you are the spaceship in it. Your families and friends is like the space station (or other spaceship), a place where you can rest from drifting away without direction. As for stars, planets, and other interstellar objects, they are like the wonder and danger you see and encounter in life.

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

What we perceive all depends on our perception and interpretation. That implies to readings of sensor devices as well, because humans interpret them. Which means all we can perceive around us is not "how it is in reality" but just human interpretation of what we can perceive (I nearly typed "of what exists" but then remembered humans can be wrong about what exists and what not. Bacteria were once unknown, for example, on the other hand a certain "aether" substance was believed to exist).
    When I feel mad about everything seeming so bleak and me unable to do anything about it, I try to look at things differently, maybe just for a minute. Or try to think of bigger picture, big enough for everything I can see becoming like microscopic. Sometimes helps. If not, it's a try at least.

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

It's starting to get really cold here. How's the weather?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Daikon Ocelot

It's raining and thunder almost everyday here, and it's very cold too. When it doesn't rain, the wind blows like crazy (you can hear the sound when it blows, it's quite scary and exciting).

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

over here it is chilly but not snowy. animal crossing has snow today though! i caught a dung beetle that was pushing a snowball, and completed my bug collection c:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

Nonstop wind 20+ m/s for several days here. Direction changes. Dusky somewhat.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

It's cooling to a nice temperature, right around freezing at night. Supposedly the next few days are supposed to cool significantly more. Maybe cool enough for long-pants while outside!
    (My temperature scale might be screwy. Below freezing with wind is "Long Pants Weather" for me.)

Daikon Ocelot and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Firebird Zoom

Temperatures are hovering right at the line between "Kinda chilly" and "beautiful weather".

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

It's about 4° right now.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

6°C right now apparently, but it's almost midnight and it's also Oklahoma, it never gets too cold.

Jimlad 42 likes this.