Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

[​IMG]
    This is what hell looks like.
    the other 3 have also practically failed
    Dunno what's up with the Nexus lately but my giggly god it's near impossible to download mods anymore. The downloads itself are fine when they're actually started, but the Nexus website is so unstable that half the downloads don't actually initialize.

I also can't imagine Fallout 4's engine will like me trying to load 250 mods, but then again Fallout 4's engine doesn't even like vanilla Fallout 4.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Ever heard of Wabbajack? (A modlist autoinstaller. I know there are a few Fallout 4 lists.)

3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

you mean mods can be pods can be nods can be gods and goddesses? and patches can be matches can be thatches can be latches and locks?
    the interconnective system is very clear to me. wabbajack. wabbajack. wabbajack.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I did hear. Because of it I now have to deal with Bethesda's own mod portal for some mods because it made them leave NexusMods.
    Also I don't think using an autoinstaller will help with half the mods not wanting to initialize a download due to NexusMods's unresponsiveness.

It's neat though, but unfortunately apparently being abused by people selling modlists.
    Imagine having to buy something like Feed the Beast or sumthing like it for Minecraft...

5. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Fair enough. Thought I'd point out it exists at least. It's neat seeing it come along, and it's come a long way in the past few months. (And the dramas around it have, at times, been very entertaining.)
    No, they haven't. At the moment they're whitelisting all the modlists that are published. (just because they're so few) Anyone who does otherwise is most likely ignoring a lot of people's wishes, and I would be surprised to hear otherwise.
    The closest thing I know is the fact that you need to be a nexus premium member to use it, which is fair since that's a lot of bandwidth being used quickly, and I think the nexus feature they're using is premium specific anyway.
    As I understand it Nexus is planning to add a similar feature themselves soon, so it was going to be an issue anyway. Halgari's essentially forcing an issue that's been around for over a decade to finally be resolved.
    Either way, I do not understand those people...
    Then again, developers can often be extremely weird. One developer for a Fantasy Grounds extension I used had a tantrum, basically FG had a line in their content license saying they could delete fan-content if official content was made for the same thing. He said this was a horrible crime against open source, left the entire community, and deleted his well-loved extension. Then, when people took his open source extension and put it back up, had a tantrum and was upset with them for going against his wishes. After that I just accepted some people just can't be understood.

On an unrelated, and less inflammatory note: Oneshot is an amazing game and I love it to bits. Everyone should play it, it's a beautiful game. Fire Emblem Three Houses is a fun game, Golden Deer are the best house and I will let Claude fight you over this. (Okay, maybe not less inflammatory.)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Parrotte likes this.
  6. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Just responding to various bits;
    I dunno about the auto installers. I like to fight my own fights, like I am now trying to install 250-something fallout mods in an order that will make the game crap itself less hard (I ain't hoping for "not at all", that's impossible.)
    All I know that people are selling those modpacks, and NexusMods isn't giving mod creators the option to opt-out of those automatic packs and that is making people angry. *shrugs*

As for the games you mentioned, if with OneShot you mean the game with Niko and the Sun, then yes it's absolutely awesome.
    It's got so many good and bad memories attached to it, but I will forever love it. Hell, listening to Into the Light just brings tears to my eyes right away for some reason.
    The game is also in a way a reminder to someone I never knew I'd end up missing as much as I do.

If you ever are in need of a short, heart-wrenching story game, then you'd be a fool not to play OneShot.

edit:
    [​IMG]
    literally started within 5 seconds of each other

edit 2: 250 mods
    and it starts
    and i can move without a CTD
    i even managed to shoot a raider or two
    are you proud of me yet master modder jimlad?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Late like always but happy new year. (;

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Unsurprisingly, Fallout 4 does not appreciate having 250 mods dumped onto it's already fragile engine, especially when running on a sub-optimal system.
    Guess I'm gonna have to heavily cut down on the mods. Which... is gonna be pretty difficult. xD
    Think I should be fine if I remove some script-heavy mods and some of the guns. Don't think player customization mods or workshop building mods will have much an effect on the game's general functionality.

edit:
    time to auto clean South of the Sea, on the off chance I nuke the mod altogether.
    But still, 205 item records and 831 deleted references...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

I have a mod list for FO4 that basically makes you want to cry constantly because it makes it way harder and if you don't use stealth you might as well just kill yourself. I was working on my patch to make everything work nicely together and to self fix a lot of balance issues that were mostly caused by mismatched mods while also making it so same caliber weapons did the same damage... because a .45 cal rifle realistically shouldn't be doing more or less damage than a .45 cal automatic, they fire the same bullet, they do the same damage.

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

TBH I don't go into modding that much. Most of it right now is either energy weapons, automatron mod pieces or building pieces, as well as Sim Settlements.

I think my current crashing has to do with a bug or an incompatibility surrounding Vivid Weathers, because most crashes occur on load screens or *really* all of a sudden. It's the only thing I can currently think of. Might have to use the weather control mod to force all weathers and see if any cause a consistent CTD.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I feel old.

Jimlad 42 and Katkill like this.
  12. An Old Knight

I don't feel like typing this all over again so here's a screenshot of the already existing tweet.
    upload_2020-1-8_21-51-39.png

If you give me a list of all the mods you're using I can look through them for conflicts, part of making that patch was solving a hundred conflicts for many hours and I still never finished patching absolutely everything yet.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't been here for like 75 billion years and everyone's dead. They're in the dead user storage. What happened?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

war. many were lost... too many.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

mate i have like 210 mods loaded for a game i'm most likely going to abandon since I'm realizing why I quit in the first place (lack of good spacious building locations outside Buttfuck-Nowhere-Island and Concrete Slab With A Giant Metal Wall even with Scrap Everything, due to previs stuff or buggy LODs you can't get rid of.).

Besides, I can live with it crashing once every 2 hours or so.
    Thanks for the offer though <3

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. An Old Knight

Well for one, if you don't already have it, get the Boston FPS Fix, fixes bad LODs and textures in Boston that cause really awful frames. It's necessary even on a computer that should be able to run it. I also use Vortex to install my mods, which is why I don't have issues downloading from Nexus and it helps solve most mod conflicts without me having to intervene.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Ooo I do not have that, sounds good. I did get the Faster Workshop mod, which is a MUST seeing how many building expansion mods I got. And even then I'm still using the Creation Kit to get object IDs for certain things such as the Drive-In projector buildings.
    And I install them through the Community Nexus Mods Manager and then run LOOT over it. I found Vortex' interface to be too much of a cluster****. But is Vortex actually better then?

--edit: We actually have the Beantown Interiors Project mod loaded, which conflicts with the Boston FPS Fix

--edit 2: holy hell, Boston was going haywire with broken previs and stuff. It was almost like I was playing an unpatched Bethesda game, but apparently it's in fact the Beantown Interiors Patch that causes things to break. Guess we're removing that one!

--edit 3: Apparently it might be Beantown Interiors altogether so I just removed it entirely and now I'm loading my old character again. Or at least, I'm gonna try to!

--edit 4: to nobody's surprise it didn't fix anything as my save file had already been marked by the mod.
    i then tried to make a new character to test, also wanted to test some of the automatron mods i had, did "caqs" and quickly (well, it took a full minute to process but okay) realized that completing all quests would also give me all the associated achievements, which is a bit ass. Now I'll have to get SAM to un-complete these achievements...

--edit 5:
    it didn't work, it's something else. I have no idea what it could be. Either the seasons mod, scrap everything or a conflict of some sort.
    i see only one solution:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. An Old Knight

My game has two presets, the main one I use is about 60 mods and still ultimately feels like normal FO4 but with more stuff. The second is 80 mods and only a few of the mods are shared between the two, but it makes the game feel a lot like... Metro Exodus I guess. Gotta be constantly looking for gas mask filters, it's really cold so you need to wear warm clothes and stand near fires, at any time you could easily be killed in a single shot to the head but so can the enemies (which is why I use a bow for stealth), and ammo, in general, is quite rare (which is also another reason I use the bow, for recoverable and craftable ammo). It's really hard and I had to make a lot of in-game and patch related changes to make it even possible to do, such as making incoming damage only something like 50% instead of the normal 2x because even body shots were two-shot kills and that made most missions impossible because there were too many enemies in a small space.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I dunno, I have one preset that's pretty close to standard. No giant overhaul patches, minus Vivid Weathers and the Spring Season I guess. But I like the overgrown look more than the 50 Shades of Brown that the game normally is.
    Somewhere, something is really buggered in my game though. Boston's previs is absolutely broken.
    I too play the game on semi-hardmode though. Survival, but with the mod that allows you to tweak settings, so you don't die of thirst 15 minutes into the game. And one that allows quicksaving, because with the game having a chance to CTD on every doorway I don't want to risk having to redo 30 minutes of work if the game becomes tired of my crap.

Anyway, guess I got some more mods to disable or re-enable, and some more tests to run. Woop!

edit: I've deactivated everything that influenced the world, but even then, Boston remained shagged.
    Time to wipe the game and start over!

edit 2:
    gee ain't modding fun
    CM-NNM is outdated even with community management
    Vortex is counter-intuitive and apparently buggers over FOMOD installers
    And MO2's UI is user-unfriendly as hell

woo

Still, guess I'm going to try out MO2, it's supposed to be the best modding tool for Creation Engine games

edit 3:
    So
    First of all
    I found out which mod caused part of the issues. I didn't have to delete everything, just reinstall one of them with the right options.
    Second
    MO2 quite obviously isn't the best, since several mods do not function properly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Mod it until it breaks.

Jimlad 42 likes this.