Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Okay, so this forum actually does have a rule against chan posting. Good to know.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Text in the image but not the post. d;

Image only posts are frowned on.

Parrotte, Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

YES. YES.

THEY RELEASED BIRD SIMULATOR! (Feather)

It's a good time to be alive.

except for the bird. my controls keep cutting out after like 5 minutes. BUT IT'S BIRD, IT'S GOOD.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Gotta admit im guilty for that. Even Discord moves slowly too,

I think @Parrotte was right, peeps moving on

Top Birb, Top Good

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well it's not like anyone is obligated. I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic. Nostalgic for like a year ago, heh.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

don't worry! i'm still here! uwu

Pangaea and Jimlad 42 like this.
  7. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

As ever I quote a book; "Time changes all things"

A shame though. It was... mostly good while it lasted.

That's good! ovo

How's everyone been, anyway?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Good. Been busy between schoolwork, making 2 games for school, and making a D&D game.
    Right now I'm working on a dungeon, for my D&D game, centered around stealth, they're breaking into a palace in the center of a city that'll kinda hate them, and trying to find the staff that's hidden there that was taken from them not long ago.

I hope they actually try to stealth this, the party is optimized for stealth, we even discussed the fact that they're basically ninjas.
    I don't think anyone has ever rolled stealth before an encounter, and I know no one has tried to avoid a combat with stealth.
    (And by hope I of course mean there's clearly be hell to pay for not even trying.)

Parrotte likes this.
  9. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Sounds like a fun game. I kinda miss doing Only War when people speak about PnP games. It was fun moving around at the whims of the DM and doing wacky stuff such as having a firefight in a generator room or protecting a town from death at the hands of the enemies.

We never did a lot of stealth - didn't really get that far. Must be interesting though, having to consider doings things quietly at the risk of complications if you don't.

I would of fit right in, though. I was making a clunky techpriest that was supposed to fix everything. What I made instead was the most agile character in the party with the second to best ballistics skills. I could literally outmove the melee sergeant and nearly outshoot the several decades old stormtrooper veteran. Fun times.

[​IMG]

Let us know how it goes!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I'm doing okay. The medicine for my disease has really been starting to help so my symptoms have been really reduced lately.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

I keep seeing shadows that aren't there... Looks like my brain has decided to start playing mind games with me again after all these years. I honestly thought the weird shadow creatures were gone forever.

Also, I 3d rendered a cube using volumetric lighting (note the forum is broken, despite saying max 10MB image size it won't let me even post a 4MB picture).
    And I'm too lazy to actually upload it, so here's a discord upload
    [​IMG]

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

That is a nice cube.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Oof, uhm
    Hope you feel better soon/forever?

Shadow creatures are fun. Nothing better than your mind placing creatures you know don't exist IRL in the shadows anyway.

I like that cube, though. It has something calming about it, actually. I dunno, might just be my weird brain.

Also speaking of cubes and fog and stuff

All I ever wanted in life was ray tracing in Minecraft.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Uhh, did the basic font change? It feels like it changed.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Still seems like the default font to me.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Still looks normal to me too.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

tfw you're making a map, find out there's panes that represent basically raw biomatter, you realize you can make the players wade through a colosseum filled with a knee deep biomatter pool and your first responde is "Holy s**t that's nasty. Let's do it"

i might need some serious psychological help.

edit: for some reason a bunch of rocks in DRG looking like a face, or a tank in WorldBuilder glitching out and boosting into orbit is hilarious to me. I made a gif of it and i can just watch it endlessly.
    can't link it here though, XenForo really doesn't appreciate imgur's gifV format, and the gif itself is like 35mb because i dunno how to do this gif thing properly lol

@Hel
    hei ho, still a fan of D.Va?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Just got a new mouse. Apparently if your mouse is 10+ years old it will just stop working properly.

Edit: Actually all 3 of the ones I had stopped working within the last 6 months. They were all that old though so I guess it's understandable.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Wow. 10+ years?
    Mice last about 2 to 3 years with us.

Get one of those trackball mouse things, that'd be funny. Imagine trying to aim with that.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yeah, mine generally last just a couple years per. Although, often what gives out first that I need is the scroll-wheel-click, which I use very often. Although, the current mouse has trouble reading anything other than mouse-pad material, which is annoying. (I like to mouse off my legs or the arm of my chair at times.) I should really look into getting a new one soon.