Chat Hels Chatroom V: Hel's Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Good, finished the semester, been playing Crosscode a bunch. Restarting one of my D&D games, so I've been working out how best to do that as well.

Parrotte likes this.
  2. Redacted Revenant

Redacted Revenant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I played Pathfinder for the first time. I was playing the second edition playtest with a few other people. My character was an alchemist, he made potions for drinking and for throwing. I, however, was saving my resources (hooray for first level). At one point we were fighting some goblins in a sewer. I didn't want to waste good explosives so I ended up chucking a staff at one of the goblins, missing completely and watching my staff fly off into the darkness. When there was just one goblin remaining it was my turn. I still didn't want to waste resources and I hadn't retrieved my staff so I ran up to the goblin, punched it and it keeled over dead.

That is the story of Vane Virulence, the alchemist who ended up fighting like a monk.

Also yes he wore a bird mask.

Parrotte and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Just remember to NEVER fall into the RPG trap with items.
    NEVER use the items, you never know when it'll be useful later. If you can solve an encounter without using an item, do so.
    (And this is how I managed to beat Fate/Extra with two out of three command seals left, even though the story forces you to use 2 of them.)

Parrotte likes this.
  4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I'm glad hearing people here are getting on alright. I've been quiet both here and on Discord, and been messaging a couple of you guys in DM's

What's everyone got planned for Christmas?

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

I plan to actually relax from college n'all over the break. I also hope I have time to work on my novel.

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Video games.
    Lots and lots of video games.
    Minecraft, Terraria, Subnautica, Crosscode, eventually Xenoblade, as much of those things as I can fit in my days for the next while until school starts back up.
    (In terms of christmas itself, it looks like I'll be visiting my brothers and sister over at my sister's house.)

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  7. Redacted Revenant

I'll probably go around to my grandparents' houses on christmas as usual. I would like to play a lot of games but my dad and step mom have put me on a game ban (they're no fun). Annoyingly the one thing I want for christmas is smash bros ultimate.
    Thankfully, my mom lets me play games and doesn't tell them so I spent a good bit of the weekend playing Hollow Knight.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

It's been non-stop stress for me this year. I'm looking forward to just getting some time to rest and write some stuff.

Arra and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I'm probably going to toy around with electricity and play video games.
    I was gonna be glad I could call this year and it's troubles done and over, but unfortunately it's not going to be so, as they are already set to drag on into next year.

Guess I'm just gonna have to do more questionable things with electricity to distract myself from it.

Are people here still interested in parrot pictures?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Depending on how much more my symptoms improve over the next week I might visit my parents for Christmas.

Sure!

Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

One person being interested is good enough for me. Clicky herey (imgur album) for some images I've snapped over the past couple of months.

[​IMG]
    Also added this lamp post to this diorama a while ago. The diorama was already built by my father, but apparently it had this lamp post behind the fence (which used to be higher) for the longest time.
    It's an old "toy" train track lamp post. Should be able to take 14 volts, but it's running on 9 volts here.

darned millimeter thick wires were quite annoying to solder to the plug connector I put into the base of the diorama. But I got there in the end.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. An Old Knight

An Old Knight Ketchup Robot

I'm gonna be making this face all week
    20181215_025340_HDR.jpg

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

going to a metal concert? :D

Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  14. An Old Knight

I am not

Jimlad 42 and Parrotte like this.
  15. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Truly the face of an angry man. 10/10

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. An Old Knight

What qualifies as a "man"? Because as far as I can tell I'm a dumb child with a $3000 desktop and a cat named Bear.

Redacted Revenant and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

"Man is an upright, featherless biped with broad, flat nails."

18. An Old Knight

Nails are curved, but okay. Guess that means I don't qualify.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Redacted Revenant

I finally watched Spirited Away today. Loved every second of it.

It also reminded me a bit of Yume Nikki.

Jimlad 42 and Parrotte like this.
  20. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I have no idea what Spirited Away is, but I do know what Yume Nikki is.

That's a lot of bloody murder then.

Jimlad 42 likes this.