Chat Hels Chatroom IV: Helen High Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Um, okay, I guess? ^^;

I mean, she didn't say it without a reason, I suppose. I had... a complicated childhood.

But I know I'm not a bad person, so I instantly went into super cereal mode. My older sister's husband is a jerk who doesn't let her visit the family. My younger sister is a bit of a priss with few redeeming qualities and won't even call my mother on a regular basis. Aaaand my younger brothers are lazy, won't go to college, and are basically a couple of leeches on the family.

Meanwhile, I have not only held the same job for 10+ years, but I've also kept in contact with my family and even gave my mother a trip to Hawaii as a graduation present, as well as being one of her pillars of emotional support when she was going through a divorce with my now estranged father.

Throwing all that into context, I'm the best. Though she won't tell my siblings that.

She even once asked me "was I just a bad parent?"

Me: "Nah. You did the best you possibly could. I was the second child you had, so you had only two years of experience by the time I came around. Were there things you could have done to be a better parent? Probably. But you wouldn't have known that at the time, so I can't really blame you. Overall, I think I turned out alright, so I also think you did alright as a parent."

Mom: "You're the best. Just don't tell the others I said that."

Me: "Love you, too, mom."

And that's why I'm the best.

In my family, anyway.

Surenu, MetaFace and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

That sounds.....a creepy amount like my life. Except I don't have any living siblings.

MetaFace and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Did you, know any of them?

MetaFace, Waffle-Chan and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Holy **** this thread got dark...

Jimlad 42 and MetaFace like this.
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Yeah, lets... lighten up a little.

Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  6. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike nor blame my siblings for the way they turned out, especially my older sister (since it's not strictly her fault).

I do uphold a strict code of conduct around them (and my niece and nephew): I'm the cool one. And they acknowledge me as such. I always have well thought-out presents for all of them during Christmas (I remember when my mother's laptop was dying, and I got her a new one--she actually cried: "I raised you right."), never miss their birthdays unless work intervenes (and if I do, I text them when I am able to do so), and I motivate my brothers to do stuff (never underestimate the power of the phrase: "Hey, wanna make some magic happen?").

The best advice I can give anyone, provided they still have somewhat good relations with their living relatives: treat them with respect, and make things happen when you're around. Don't wait for things to happen: be the hero of the story. Save the day. Be the one who amazes. There's no real trick to it. All it takes is a little thought and consideration, and a lot of love.

MetaFace, Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  7. KookyKeronian

KookyKeronian Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, somebody turn on the lights.
    *badum tss*

MetaFace, Jimlad 42 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  8. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

No...

Hmm, ok.

9. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

It's amazing what people have been doing with video games lately. We can beat Super Mario 64 by pressing the A button once, you can run custom, spreadable code in Pokemon Red allowing you to make someone else's game have a mew hiding under the truck. And we've managed to breach the barrier in Wind Waker! It's a great time to be alive and care about Video Game glitches.

Pangaea and Firebird Zoom like this.
  10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I just figured out that I have over 1400 hours playing wizard in D3 but it only accounts for 83% of total play time. I didn't realise I played that much on other classes.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Hahaha I'm done.
    [​IMG]

Also considering changing my avatar to something else other than Rei.. I know; it's sacrilege. Kill me why don't 'cha.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Hidari is only a couple of years older than me. Are you sure you should be feeling that old here?

Also, our current prez just made his first announcement after the audio files exposing him as the crook he is were published. His words were:
    "I'm not stepping down. I am NOT stepping down"

man, my timing for leaving that country could not have been better.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  13. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Nirning y'all

14. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I'm aware. Honestly, I'm only a few months older than you anyway. But when I actually had groups of friends I was always the oldest. It's nice to not be the oldest every once in a while (even if only by a small amount)! (;

Hi!

15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I just drank some cold juice on an empty stomach and now I'm freezing.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Instant noodles? Or combat it with a good joe.

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  17. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Coffee is always a good idea, and yes, it's helping, warming up both my body and my soul.

Jimlad 42 and Electromagentic like this.
  18. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

As a cup of cold juice I sincerely appologize, master. We thought you wanted to be cold when you picked us. So sorry.

Jimlad 42, Waffle-Chan and Surenu like this.
  19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Now I feel bad ._.

20. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Anyone home?

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.