Modding Help HELP with sprites please!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by theyorquino, Mar 14, 2021.

1. theyorquino

theyorquino Intergalactic Tourist

Hi hello! I've been playing with some sprites to fix Alex and Elliott. Problem is I don't have photoshop or not enough experience to get these to work properly.

Can someone make sure that the background and stuff works correctly?

THANK YOU!

Attached Files:

• Saelym Chance

Saelym Chance Aquatic Astronaut

To answer your question: Your sprites are looking great, although there are some errors in some of them visual errors, and all but Elliot's beach spritesheet has the correct dimensions! Your Elliot_Beach dimensions are 65x163 when it should be 64X160! As for Alex, your first sprite (In Position 0) has his head partially erased. There are also random white blotches located all over the sprite sheet. Same thing with Alex_beach, Position 0 has slight transparency on his head and a bit of white next to it too. Elliot_beach also has random white blotches. I've uploaded files with the background filled so you can see the areas that are incorrect. I suggest getting an xnb file extractor, finding the correct sprites and then just copying and pasting your edited versions over it, so this way, you can keep the dimensions and you don't have to worry about transparency background (I think, I haven't used PS in sooo long).

Below are some program recommendations that I personally use that may help you out :) feel free to ignore.

I recommend Piskel which is a free online and downloadable app for creating pixel art! I love it because you can upload/save projects as sprite sheets, resize without losing quality, and a bunch of other necessary tools that are too many to go through. All for the low, low price of FREE.

I also suggest FireAlpaca as good art creation/editing software. It is more generalised to fit with any kind of medium, but it does give you the option to save files as transparent. I like to use this program to create rough drafts, edit larger files, and for the handy dandy select tool that gives coordinates and dimensions (as many programs do). It's also very cheap to get, it only costs NOTHING. IT'S FREE TOO.

If you're on mobile, Pixel Studio is also a pretty dandy option. It is basically Piskel on steroids, so I personally am a little intimidated by all the options, but it is fantastic and has a much cleaner UI so I am trying to slowly switch over. You can get it on Steam, it's only about $0.00 USD. Yeah, it's FREE. Also, it has a mobile version! Was using the free version for a while and finally decided to "upgrade" for the cosmetic choices and no ads, lol. It's fantastic, it's basically Piskel but optimised for handheld devices. The "pro" version costs about $11.50 USD, but don't worry, the free version has access to all the tools you need. It really is a cosmetic purchase (and ad removals).

Attached Files:

• theyorquino

theyorquino Intergalactic Tourist

This is incredibly generous feedback and can't thank you enough!

• lukeisunoriginal

lukeisunoriginal Space Hobo

Curious if you finished these and were planning on releasing them? Look super good! Been looking for an Alex replacement that works with 1.5.